Diving with 2 different computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By tables, 6 hours SI and you're clean. Which means when you wake up in the morning, you're in no pressure group. Guesstimating conservatism by tables after the 1 or 3 dives of the day is trivial. So when exactly are you "going very conservative": fifth dive of the day? Sixth?

I routinely do 4-5 dives/day on liveaboard dive trips. Losing my computer on dive 3 would suck for that day (and the rest of the trip if stuck using tables.

I routinely do 4-5 dives/day on liveaboard dive trips. Losing my computer on dive 3 would suck for that day (and the rest of the trip if stuck using tables.

Like @Doctor Rig said, situational: in the situation where you're on a liveaboard that has no rental computers and you're absolutely not prepared to take it easy on the 5th dive of the day -- yep, gotta have two computers.

Like @Doctor Rig said, situational: in the situation where you're on a liveaboard that has no rental computers and you're absolutely not prepared to take it easy on the 5th dive of the day -- yep, gotta have two computers.

Yeah, he asked for situational perspectives when a second computer would be helpful.. so I gave an explanation of a situation where it would be helpful. Whether I'm doing 4-5 dives/day on a liveabaoard, or 4-5 dives/day on the weekend at the local quarry, I'm still doing rec dives where having a backup computer would be helpful if my primary died.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom