Southwest coming to Cozumel!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SW just released their flight schedule up to March 6th. No Cozumel route. Prices still high. And it looks like they cancelled all direct AUS-CUN flights after Jan 5th.

Maybe we'll get some relief if the MAX jets get back in service, but it looks like crap right now. If I'm gonna have to pay $400 for a connecting flight to CUN that includes a 3 hour layover in Hobby, plus the standard 3 hour bag drag, I'll just pay the extra $100-150 and fly AA through DFW.

If I'm gonna have to pay $400 for a connecting flight to CUN that includes a 3 hour layover in Hobby, plus the standard 3 hour bag drag, I'll just pay the extra $100-150 and fly AA through DFW.

Dude, just drive to IAH. TAKE a nonstop to COZ from there on United. It’s a 2 hr or so drive but no bag drag!

Dude, just drive to IAH. TAKE a nonstop to COZ from there on United. It’s a 2 hr or so drive but no bag drag!
Lol. "2 hour or so drive"!

I guess if you live somewhere in east Austin, pick a time with zero traffic and drive 80mph without gettting pulled over, you can get there in under 2.5 hours.

Hobby is 3 hours from my house with no traffic. And I'd have to leave at least 5 hours before my flight. Then pay for parking and $50 in gas.

I'd get to look forward to a long, boring night drive home to end my vacation. All that to save $50?

Hard pass.

1. United? Ewww. My sister in law insisted on using them for a cheap flight when she and the missus slipped down to the island. It was cheaper than SW and it landed on CZM. Other than that she said it was just generally terrible. She is tiny and the economy, economy seats were really tiny. I believe they had to take turns breathing... I could be wrong that....

What we needs is a non-stop BWI to CZM on SW. Heck I would risk a riding on one of the danger jets to make that run. Max, smax..... I dont know if I want to spend all the extra hours and prob cost to go west to TX to come east to CZM. I'm kinda used to the ease of 3 hrs non stop to CUN.

Seriously, it seems like SW pricing is pushing up a little with the Max problem. I paid like 383 round trip non stop to CUN for December. That seems up a little. Of course the wife only cost like 131, with the $50 early bird and we will get back $60 in the tourism tax refund. Love that companion pass! So still muy bueno.

Tourism tax refund?

Tourism tax refund?

We own a place (See link below) so we got our permanent resident cards from MX, planning for the day I either retire or convince them to mail they check without seeing me..... Send a copy of the card to SW with a list of flights and they refund it. Somewhere between 20 and 30 bucks PP per flight.

And actually United was good on that. Sent them an email on a 5 girl trip to say just the wife had a PR card and needed a refund. They refunded all of them. So that was nice...

Lol. "2 hour or so drive"!

I guess if you live somewhere in east Austin, pick a time with zero traffic and drive 80mph without gettting pulled over, you can get there in under 2.5 hours.

Hobby is 3 hours from my house with no traffic. And I'd have to leave at least 5 hours before my flight. Then pay for parking and $50 in gas.

I'd get to look forward to a long, boring night drive home to end my vacation. All that to save $50?

Hard pass.

And check the prices. A few years ago we looked into driving to Houston to catch a Continental flight to Cozumel to save money, but when we compared fares we found that flying HOU - CZM - HOU cost $75 per person MORE than flying AUS - HOU - CZM - HOU - AUS even though the HOU - CZM - HOU legs were the same flights.

And check the prices. A few years ago we looked into driving to Houston to catch a Continental flight to Cozumel to save money, but when we compared fares we found that flying HOU - CZM - HOU cost $75 per person MORE than flying AUS - HOU - CZM - HOU - AUS even though the HOU - CZM - HOU legs were the same flights.

That is normal direct flights are typically more expensive as travelers prefer them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom