Third Party Wireless Chargers for Teric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ohhh I like, but I want to hear if it works with the Teric. I would hope it would because their standalone one works with the Teric.

Anker wireless chargers don't seem to work with the Teric.

What I use
Encased
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B4KKK61/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Choetech
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWSD2M7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the Tovaoon battery already linked.

So our Terics were recently serviced by Shearwater, the service rep said the batteries were Samsung Note 7 levels of bad. He highly recommended against using flat chargers with the Terics, while they are "supported" some provide too much juice for the Terics and wreak havoc on the battery apparently. Supposedly Shearwater is going to release a list of approved/recommened flat chargers.

Reactions: Jay
So our Terics were recently serviced by Shearwater, the service rep said the batteries were Samsung Note 7 levels of bad. He highly recommended against using flat chargers with the Terics, while they are "supported" some provide too much juice for the Terics and wreak havoc on the battery apparently. Supposedly Shearwater is going to release a list of approved/recommened flat chargers.
So the flat Choetech charger recommended by Shearwater is in fact not ok? The larger "two-bay" Chietech linked a fer posts above does NOT work, unfortunately.

So the flat Choetech charger recommended by Shearwater is in fact not ok? The larger "two-bay" Chietech linked a fer posts above does NOT work, unfortunately.

If they recommend it then I’d assume it’s okay. The tech I talked to said some don’t over charge the battery but many do. So if it’s one they explicitly recommend I’d assume they know it’s one that is safer for the Teric.

Modern chargers aren't like the battery chargers of old, they are simply a device to convert wall power to something that the device's charging circuit to handle. The device's charging circuit then takes that and charges the battery. So if something is overcharging the battery it isn't the charger but the device itself.

Modern chargers aren't like the battery chargers of old, they are simply a device to convert wall power to something that the device's charging circuit to handle. The device's charging circuit then takes that and charges the battery. So if something is overcharging the battery it isn't the charger but the device itself.
I believe you for wired chargers. Is it still true for the fast-charge hi-power wireless chargers?

I believe you for wired chargers. Is it still true for the fast-charge hi-power wireless chargers?

Same idea, as a wired charger, but you have a conversion process before it is fed into the charging circuit.

Back
Top Bottom