Wrist seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

i have an old hollis fx100.

My wrist seal is destroyed so i cutted near the wrist of the dry.

I was thinking to put the new one on the old one inside the dry suit.

why kind of glue i need to use? neoprene ciment or aquaseal?

Any suggestion?

There are several options out there. I have used contact cement for this type of work. You need to build a layer on both surfaces to get optimal adhesion. The last time I put three coats of cement on each surface and let the glue dry in between each application. Then I applied a final coat, attached the seal, and used a small seam roller from Lowes to help ensure there was good contact all around. I have also used the rubber finishing tape from DRIS to improve the look while adding another layer of protection. Good luck!

Weldwood, $10 for a quart at Lowe's

There is lots of good information on wrist and neck seal replacement on the whitewater kayak forums of boatertalk.com.

If you plan to keep your drysuit for any significant length of time then perhaps use this opportunity to install a si-tech wrist cuff system. You will then have the option of continuing to use latex seals or switching to silicone seals, plus you will have the benefit of being able to replace a torn seal at the dive site or at home in mere minutes....this can save your day if you drove a long way to dive and you tear a seal when donning your suit.

-Z

seem imposible to do on the hollis fx100 because of the material

Constructed of BioFlex, a high-stretch fabric overlaid with WearForce, a lightweight non-woven nylon laminated to a heavy-duty, stretchable polyurethane

hollis used an ultrasound machine to put seal...

seem imposible to do on the hollis fx100 because of the material

Constructed of BioFlex, a high-stretch fabric overlaid with WearForce, a lightweight non-woven nylon laminated to a heavy-duty, stretchable polyurethane

hollis used an ultrasound machine to put seal...

I would give DRIS (Dive Right In Scuba) a call or send them an email asking about si-tech wrist systems for your suit and see what they have to say/offer.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom