Need some input on Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racerx_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all..

need some okinawa diving advice. I'll be on the island for a couple of days the beginning of september, and have the possibility of one dive day. Never been to okinawa before so wanted some input from the more experienced community here..

My flight gets in at 8:30am, that was the earliest i could grab from tokyo, but i think that means morning dives may be out of the question. Piranha divers suggested possibly trying Manza in the afternoon or a couple of other options.

I'm wondering if you guys think it's worth making the scramble to squeeze two or three dives on that day. Is okinawa diving something i can't miss? i heard the emmons is cool, although no one really specified why that was so. Just trying to figure out if all the scrambling around is worth it or if i should just wait for a trip where there's more time. appreciate some input!

Try an easy shore dive, Sunabe sea wall. Dive shops close by. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom