Advice for setting up custom modes on my G9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AngryMoth

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got an Ikelite housing setup for my G9 and I’m playing around with the settings getting ready for my trip to Fiji and Tonga next week.

I more or less know what I’m doing with the still settings but I have some questions about video. I know it’s important to keep shutter speed at double the frame rate, but I’m wondering if it would be better to go with M mode so I can lock the aperture at f8 and rely on auto iso for exposure, or if I should just stick it in S mode and let the camera sort it out?

Also, I’m curious how the camera exposes video outside of creative video mode, I’m assuming it locks to 180 shutter angle, wondering if it takes into account the value I've set for ISO?

Finally, any tips for the AF settings? I’m mostly gonna be shooting sharks and whales.

The focus and exposure questions depend on the depth you are shooting and the lens
For whales I suppose it will be something very wide
For sharks not really
In terms of 180 rules in S you are forcing it in P the camera goes freely. M with auto ISO is good if the brightness of the scene is not so variable the risk is clipping the highlights or getting grain is the variation is too big

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom