Tips and Tricks for all divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Canada

Close enough evidently.

I was just coming in to say that getting from here to Maine would be quite the pain.

I guess this is only for divers of thick wetsuits, but an instructor of mine recommended rigging a small battery-powered or USB fan in the neck of the suit. It will dry completely in 24 hours. Compared to days of dry time and/or turning the suit inside and out as it dries.

I guess this is only for divers of thick wetsuits, but an instructor of mine recommended rigging a small battery-powered or USB fan in the neck of the suit. It will dry completely in 24 hours. Compared to days of dry time and/or turning the suit inside and out as it dries.

Along theses lines I have a dehumidifier setup right where I hang my wet suits, they dry off quick. The dehumidifier is there for the damp cellar, the wet suit drying is just a bonus.

Use electrical tape for gas analysis on cylinders.

Use a hot knife or heat a knife with gas flame to cut webbing etc, much easier and cleaner.

Buy well known branded stainless steel boltsnaps as they will open and close much easier and are guaranteed to have a SS spring inside.

Buy the best/quality gear first as you will probably need/ buy it anyway it later. Begin with the end in mind in terms of diving progression.

Don’t believe everything you hear especially from old divers!

Use electrical tape for gas analysis on cylinders
What's wrong with plain painter's masking tape? :) It's easier to peel off, and it's made from paper so you don't run the risk of leaving even more plastic in the ocean if the tape falls off.

What's wrong with plain painter's masking tape? :) It's easier to peel off, and it's made from paper so you don't run the risk of leaving even more plastic in the ocean if the tape falls off.
I prefer gaffer's tape. Still comes off easily with no residue, available in many colors, and sticks better than painter's tape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom