What is the difference between Scubapro and Halcyon regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note: I am far from some wiz bang know the difference from generic verses branded piece. My son needs a new 1st and 2nd stage and my wife is bringing it from the US, MK25/620Ti - there's times a branded box brings the old man comfort when it comes to his kid.

I do not currently dive either scubapro or Halcyon gear, but I have several friends who do. If you like scubapro regs, there is absolutely NO reason to avoid the Halcyon branded versions, irrespective of what box they are in. A few of the best divers I know use them on dives that would make most people cringe. I dive another brand regs for reasons not relevant to this thread.

If you have a shop that currently services scubapro and refuses to support Halcyon, it’s just because they are being jerks.

Halcyon / Scubapro - all good there, it's the unbranded generic box ones that I wonder if they have all the good pieces in them.

Assuming my comprehension hasn't failed me again, I think you're mistaken. The Halo G250V is still a G250V, albeit an uglier version, and not a G260. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. Cheers.
I was not clear in my post, I was giving what the current Scubapro model is compared to the Halcyon model, in part to explain possible cost differences. I have attempted to clarify the point. Thank for pointing it out.

I think that Halcyon used to source regulators from SP many years ago but now they source SP look alike regulators from a Chinese regulator manufacturer. They aren't SP regulators although they look like SP regulators.
Halcyon is USA made except for their masks. Please don’t spread misinformation.

Until the recent ugly change, it was the best way to get G250v seconds.....
Funny thing, Halcyon still has a picture of the old model on their website, I couldn't figure out what the ugly comment was about until a found a picture of the new model :)
upload_2019-8-12_11-57-7.png
upload_2019-8-12_11-57-23.png
upload_2019-8-12_11-57-49.png

So what differences are there between the Halo 250V vs Scubapro G260 other than cosmetics, and what changes did Scubapro make between the 250V and G260?
Thanks

Sorry folks, I was thinking of UTD and writing about UTD and using a link for UTD but referring to Halcyon instead of UTD. I have asked for my two posts with wrong information above to be deleted.

So what differences are there between the Halo 250V vs Scubapro G260 other than cosmetics, and what changes did Scubapro make between the 250V and G260?
Thanks

There is two significant differences between the two. The exhaust for the G260 is slightly larger and the exhaust T has been modified for a smoother release of bubbles. The G260 has a micro adjust; G260V does not. V stands for vintage (look). Some people - those who liked the metal second stages - did not like the polymer plastic of the G250, or any second stage for that matter, so it was suggested (by a SP employee) that some metal be added.

A better comparison for the G260 is the Apeks XTX200 second stage. Those two are very similar with minor differences on the inside and, of course, the cosmetics on the outside.

Back
Top Bottom