Calipso-New Galapagos Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dom@DiveAdvice

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
You may like to view my posts under Trips & Market place where there is more information on this boat.

To be honest, none of the "new dive boats" starting operations in 2019 are brand new. It is almost impossible to bring a new boat into GPS because of permit issues. They are all boast that have operated in the past under different names but are now under new operators and being extensively refitted and will be "like new". The Aqua was built 1998 and had a major refit in 2019. She now has new operators (who also run 5 other boats in GPS) and is currently in a yard in GYE undergoing an extensive refit including new engines, compressors, work to interior and exterior, new safety equipment including Nautilus Lifelines for every diver. She will be like a new boat and classed as Tourist Superior. She will start scheduled trips end of April. Rental gear - complete set of Scuba gear (BCD, Regulator, 7mm Wetsuit, Fins, Mask, Snorkel, Boots, Hood, Gloves) is $250 + 15% local tax if paid on board. Nitrox $150.

If looking to book a trip then I am happy to send you all rates by e-mail - please contact me offline at dom@diveadvice.com

FYI - the $3495 is an intro rate thru June and after that it is $3995 lower deck and $4195 upper deck for all ensuite AC cabins. Rates for 2020 will rise by $100 per week to $4095 lower and $4295 upper.

For those looking at the CALIPSO, she has also been completely re-built from the bottom up and I feel sure that she will end up being one of the top dive boats operating in Galapagos. With an intro rate of $4945 for July thru September (for bookings made prior to March 31), she is also an incredible value boat when compared with some of the competition. For those who need it, she will also offer access to internet on board.

She can also be booked thru our European or US offices.

Hi Glee - I know them personally and have been privy to their whole project when they took over the Astrea and have virtually rebuilt her. Prior to Astrea she was know as Pinguino Explorer and due to the last minute demise of the Buddy boats, I had an unsuccessful group on her, but I feel good about the new boat and the professional group who operate her. Please feel welcome to contact me offline and I will be happy to put you in touch with her new operators. dom@diveadvice.com

We will have clients on her May 28 cruise and will let you know what they say. FYI they have reduced their rates thru July to $3495 pp for all cabin types and then $3995 until the end of the year.

Hi - we do not yet have the new images of the CALIPSO - they haev only given us artist renditions at this time but we expect her to be launched at any time now and will be happy to get those to you as soon as we have them. Her first charter is scheduled for early July and although I question whether she will make that, we expect her to be ready for her 2nd trip on July 25 - after which we will be able to give you much better input.

Thanks Dom! That's very helpful inputs.
Hoping to get more information of Calipso as a newly refurbished vessel sounds like an attractive deal at more than US$2000 less per pax.

She is not operating as yet. After many delays, went into the water last week and after sea trials we hope she will head to the Galapagos this week. First trip scheduled for July 9. The Calipso is also not yet in Galapagos and has her first trip scheduled for July 25. Will keep you posted after completion of these. The client above had their trip changed to the Humboldt Explorer which I understand went well. After the recent loss of the Majestic Explorer which sank on May 31, they expect these boats to fill many of their trips with clients who had been scheduled aboard the Majestic.

Please have a look at our website for spaces - Live search for dive liveaboard spaces

7 nights
September 19, 2019
September 26, 2019
Calipso
Galapagos Dive Safari
SAVE $1000 - now all cabins $4295 thru 2019 - New First Class dive Yacht CALIPSO - Darwin & Wolf from San Cristobal. Regular rate $5295. Nitrox $150. Free WiFi. No fuel surcharge. Maximum 16 divers in 10 cabins with private ensuite facilities. Single cabins available.
embark: San Cristobal
disembark: San Cristobal

7 nights
September 22, 2019
September 29, 2019
Galapagos Sky
Galapagos 7 nights
Final 2 spaces in Master stateroom $6595
embark: San Cristobal
disembark: San Cristobal

7 nights
September 26, 2019
October 03, 2019
Galapagos Aggressor III
Galapagos Islands with Wolf & Darwin
SAVE $1714 - Final space for male in Deluxe twin now $4880. Regular rates $6595. Book by August 31.
embark: Baltra
disembark: Baltra

You can book above thru our US or European offices. I am in Europe but all goes thru to our USD escrow account in California. We can also assist with hotels and domestic flights from Quito (UIO) or Guayaquil (SCY) - you can contact me at dom@diveadvice.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom