‘Survey’ pop up / redirect on iPhone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The same thing was happening to me...always the pop up when I hit “recent posts” and only on scubaboard. I believe the malware targets frequently refreshed pages.

I’m not sure which of these fixed it, but this sequence did stop the pop ups.
1) Put Ipad in airplane mode.
2) clear cookies and cache in Safari (Settings/Safari/clear history and website data
3) Out of airplane mode
3) Install IOS update
4) open safari (whoops, one of the ad pages was still there)
5) close safari
6) back into airplane mode
7) clear history and website data
8) Now no pop ups (knock on wood)

Happened to me once yesterday. I closed out the window, reopened SB, so far so good. This occurred a couple of years ago and was about a 2 week process before someone cleared the bug. Not sure how they did it, but you can find the thread in this forum.

I'm doing this blind since I don't have an I-anything so can someone check to see if it's stopped now?

Flush the cache on your device first.

thx to broncobowsher if it has - he gave me part of what I needed.

Seems to have stopped. I installed a recent IOS update to my iPad Mini, don't know if that is what did it or just a coincidence of timing.

If this happens again please post a screen shot of the popup. We can't figure out where it's coming from without an image to send to the offending (ahem google) ad generator. Thanks

Still broke on my iPhone. After clearing cache.
Home is fine. Community is fine. Recent is not.
Cellular or my WiFi. So Dns hijack seems unlikely.

It had started affecting my iPad this morning, on my WiFi. Turning off JavaScript prevented it.

working on a screen shot. ...

If this happens again please post a screen shot of the popup. We can't figure out where it's coming from without an image to send to the offending (ahem google) ad generator. Thanks
To be clear, it is not really a popup (added window).
It is a redirect, leaving Scubaboard entirely and bringing you to another site. And the back button does NOT return to SB. It pretty much takes over, until you close the browser, clear history, etc.

Screen shot

After uploading, it took exiting the upload screen and then reloading the posting screen to do it with js off. In case anyone else needs to do it.

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 86
It's part of a Google ad, I believe. Will try again to get Google to block that going to SB.

The only way I could get it to stop was by disabling JavaScript in the advanced settings in Safari on my iPad/iPhone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom