New to CCR, What agency?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With IANTD no unitnames are mentioned on cards: ccr normoxic, ccr trimix, ccr cave.
Other agencies list a brandname. So that is why I choosed for iantd.

The user levels state: sf2 ccr diver, kiss ccr diver, inspiration ccr diver, etc. (Yes, I have an iantd kiss ccr diver, it seems often to be specified in classic, sidekick, etc, but my kiss user card only states 'kiss' So I can dive all :D)
But all agencies mention the brandname on the userlevel cards.

Only if you don't opt out of the brandname. Then the agencys won't add the RB name to anything over a level 1 card.
You have to specify what you want/don't want on the card.

Michael

With IANTD no unitnames are mentioned on cards: ccr normoxic, ccr trimix, ccr cave.
Other agencies list a brandname. So that is why I choosed for iantd.

The user levels state: sf2 ccr diver, kiss ccr diver, inspiration ccr diver, etc. (Yes, I have an iantd kiss ccr diver, it seems often to be specified in classic, sidekick, etc, but my kiss user card only states 'kiss' So I can dive all :D)
But all agencies mention the brandname on the userlevel cards.

CCR cave is not a unit specific cert through IANTD, TDI or the NSSCDS.

CCR cave is not a unit specific cert through IANTD, TDI or the NSSCDS.
Also not with IART.
But for trimix they also put a brandname on the card.

Good catch, my bad

Having said all of that, the card doens't specify DIL nor deco limits, but Helium/Deco was covered in my course (have OC Tech1 prior to the course) with simulated deco. I put an email into IANTD regarding this, but maybe someone on the board knows what the answer is ...

_R

Yeah, that's interesting. My IANTD CCR rEvo Diver card is the same. It only specifies a Max depth of 140'/42m. But, I got a separate card along with it for IANTD ART. It says "CCR ART Diver", max 170'/51m, Min Dil 18% O2, and END 80'/24m.

So, if I came across a boat captain that was a stickler for having the right cards for the dive I was doing, I am covered. In your case, without a Rec Trimix or Adv Rec Trimix card, only having the CCR Diver card, how could you show that you are certified for deco or trimix? How could you get a dil bottle filled with Trimix (from a gas blender that was a real stickler for seeing the cards)?

Yeah, that's interesting. My IANTD CCR rEvo Diver card is the same. It only specifies a Max depth of 140'/42m. But, I got a separate card along with it for IANTD ART. It says "CCR ART Diver", max 170'/51m, Min Dil 18% O2, and END 80'/24m.

So, if I came across a boat captain that was a stickler for having the right cards for the dive I was doing, I am covered. In your case, without a Rec Trimix or Adv Rec Trimix card, only having the CCR Diver card, how could you show that you are certified for deco or trimix? How could you get a dil bottle filled with Trimix (from a gas blender that was a real stickler for seeing the cards)?

Same way you go diving when the scuba industry makes other dumb rules like not filling bottles when its "only" a PSI inspector sticker on them. Or giving hot fills that cool off to 2700 in an al80. Or wanting nitrox cylinders O2 cleaned even though they pump EAN32 with a membrane. Or insisting on an AOW card to go on a 100ft boat dive instead of accepting a full cave or trimix card...

You take your scuba dollars someplace reasonable.

My IANTD card says "CCR ART FATHOM DIVER"

MAX 170 FSW/51 MSW - Min Dil. 18% O2 - END 80 FSW/24 MSW

My IANTD card says "CCR ART FATHOM DIVER"

MAX 170 FSW/51 MSW - Min Dil. 18% O2 - END 80 FSW/24 MSW

Funny I have the same qualifications as you but my card just says ccr diver. On the same unit.

Funny I have the same qualifications as you but my card just says ccr diver. On the same unit.

LOL, @kensuf musta jacked your card up. Did you do ART or do you already have some trim-mix in your background?

My IANTD card just says"Hollis CCR Prism 2 Diver". I came to the the class with a Normoxic cert and every dive was on 21/35 as diluent.

LOL, @kensuf musta jacked your card up. Did you do ART or do you already have some trim-mix in your background?

Took it in Mexico with Kelvin. I don’t think Ken was officially teaching on the unit when we ordered them and set up classes. Already had some trimix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom