Vintage Double Hose in 3D CAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fibonacci

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
A few vintage double hose regs I've 3D modelled over the past few weeks... and yes, I know the RAM hasn't got a can clamp... yet :D

Enjoy...

RAM-ASSY-Display-Test-8-MAX.jpg

VOIT-ASSY-Display-Test-5-Web 16-9.jpg

VOIT ASSY Display Test 2 Sectioned Web 16-9.JPG

VOIT-ASSY-Display-Test-4-Web 16-9.JPG

@Fibonacci

Good for you ! Good for the diving community to have some one of your many varied talents.
They are certainly appreciated by me and I am certain the rest of the community.

Keep up the good and great work !

Around the time of the highlight of the double hose regulators , US Divers created a set of very professional cut-a- ways of the DA, the Royal Master and the J valve along with a few other select diving items for their sales staff and a select few in the diving community. I was fortunate to be a member of the "selected few" of diving community at that time and received a set which I still have packed way in my diving locker.

I suspect it is time to pull it out of the top shelf of the locker and E bay it -- The passing parade of diving history ! Diving history will soon be lost forever and the community will be reduced to I think , I believe, I suppose I was told - when discussing an Item of equipment

Thanks again for your past efforts and all your future efforts for preserving and restoring dive equipment and preserving diving history

Cheers from California

Sam Miller. III

@Luis H
@John C Radcliff

The passing parade of diving history ! Diving history will soon be lost forever and the community will be reduced to I think , I believe, I suppose I was told - when discussing an Item of equipment

Not so sure... My 17-year old daughter, after doing a pool dive on my '58 (updated) USD said, "Cool, I want one!". I sourced another, and will be getting it ready for her.

Let us see how the next generation carries the torch... perhaps with some encouragement....

@rhwestfall

Stated;
"Not so sure... My 17-year old daughter, after doing a pool dive on my '58 (updated) USD said, "Cool, I want one!". I sourced another, and will be getting it ready for her.

Let us see how the next generation carries the torch... perhaps with some encouragement....

Bob"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Certainly agree.
My grandchildren have been "scuba swimming" in the hot tub since the were diaper free and now as teens and pre teens have transitioned to the swimming pool and SCUBA with ease..Always under the watching eye of son Sam IV who began in a bath tub and now has been diving almost 50 years. He is a NAUI Life member , a PADI instructor , a SSI Pro 5000, a ER & Scrips trained Hyperbaric doctor-- I suspect they are under control and will carry on the family tradition

@Akimbo
1974 Voit
Galvanized K valve …$115.00 #GRN-9
Galvanized j valve …$130.00 #GCN-9'
Both are offered with the plastic on/off knob

It should be recognized that Voit at that tine was located less than a mile apart in Santa Ana. California Voit had been marketing US Divers regulators and slightly modified US Divers regulators but were in the process of marketing their own 2 hose regulator......

Cheers from CenCal

Sam Miller, iii

@Marie13 CE

Good work!
What sw program are you using? I dabbled with Blender, with limited success.
At work we mainly use CATIA V5 and Autodesk AutoStudio.
Blender seems similar to ZBrush in that it is a great tool for intuitive modelling of organic shapes (can push and pull like clay) but not so good for the level of precision required for accurate manufacture... though it has some great rendering features!
I'm very much the Sorcerer's Apprentice when it comes to rendering... some of my colleagues can produce staggering images that look better than reality... but it takes a great deal of knowledgeable tweaking!
Jeremy Birn (Lighting Technical Director at Pixar Animation Studio) wrote The Book on this subject, now in its third edition:
Digital Lighting & Rendering 3nd Edition

You may also like to look at Rhino 3D, while not parametric it is easy to learn and capable of some very impressive results.
Rhino 6 for Windows and Mac
Project Gallery Rhinoceros 3D

@Fibonacci

Good for you ! Good for the diving community to have some one of your many varied talents.
They are certainly appreciated by me and I am certain the rest of the community.

Keep up the good and great work !
~snip~
Thanks again for your past efforts and all your future efforts for preserving and restoring dive equipment and preserving diving history

Thanks for those kind words @Sam Miller III
Along with the HDS I'm doing my best to try to record and preserve what I can of Australia's part in SCUBA R&D... as you are doing so comprehensively in the US.
I just heard that Peter Katz (of Sea Hornet fame) is sending me a DVD of a private doco he made of the Command Air's development... be great to get some design insights behind this high performing 'sleeper' regulator.

@Fibonacci

Bravo for you !

I was on the first Board of Directors the American HDS and the first an only Director of Sports Diving.
You have a great Australian HDS - but I have lost contact with them over the years.

The Sea Hornet spear gun created a new concept in American spear fishing. They were of wood as our were of aluminum tubes. The great Charlie Sturgil obtained several Sea Hornet trigger mechanisms which he sold for $3.20. These mechanisms could be inlayed in to a hunk of wood and presto ! a wood (aka Timber) spear gun. It created a new concept in American spear fishing

I always enjoy your very informative post -- keep up the great work !

Sam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom