What is the difference between Scubapro and Halcyon regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard this story before, I hope someone who really knows it will chime in. Vaguely, it is something like Tabata machines the parts and they are exclusive to Scubapro for some amount of time. After that time passes, the parts are released to be used by other companies, who rebrand the regulators. I believe that is how Scubapro regs ended up branded as Tusa, Halcyon, maybe others. It seems like the clones are older SP models.

I apologize in advance if I have butchered this story, I would be glad to be corrected.

Yes and I'd much prefer to own a Ferrari (which is now owned by Fiat), a Lamborghini, or a big Alfa Romeo - all of which are great Italian cars.

Michael
And reliable and inexpensive to service?

I think that Halcyon used to source regulators from SP many years ago but now they source SP look alike regulators from a Chinese regulator manufacturer. They aren't SP regulators although they look like SP regulators.

This is incorrect. Halcyon regulators are still made by Scubapro

Back
Top Bottom