Smallest backplate on the market?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Doesn't matter if aluminum or stainless steel. Height? Width? Weight?

Follow on question, what is the smallest (height and approximate weight) that a person can be to wear one?

Dunno which is smallest, but Halcyon and Oxycheq make small backplates
OxyCheq - OxyCheq Stainless Steel Backplate *Small*
Backplate - Halcyon Dive Systems

DSS used to as well before they shut down.

How short is the person? a custom plate isn't the hardest thing in the world to have made.
I belive the key is torso length moreso than overall height. I remember a thread on here years ago about a really short person who ended up with a standard sized plate because it seemed they had short legs but normal torso.

the halcyon small plates are the smallest you will find in stock currently iirc

Backplate - Halcyon Dive Systems

freedom plates are slimmer and lighter, but more of a custom item

DSS was shorter at 13"

weight shouldn't have much bearing, it is all torso length. could possibly fit as short as 4' 10" if the person has short legs.

How short is the person?

There isn't a specific person. I'm just looking at picking up two of the smallest backplates I can find for teaching kids to scuba dive in warm water.

Never dived one, but we considered these years ago specifically for travel. Plastic, but minimal investment.

49196340-5E31-4D3D-B169-C32A5BC1F24B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom