Where Is Your GF?

What are your typical (approximate) settings for GF lo and GF hi?

• 5/95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30/85

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • 50/85

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • 70/85

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • 90/85

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30/70

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • 50/70

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • 70/70

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • 90/70

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ss supports multilevel dives and repetitive dives. It supports up to five separate profiles. By making the profile's SI large you can isolate the profiles from one another.

@EFX Is it possible to add SurfGF and GF to your SS for multi-level dives?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 9.59.55 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 9.59.55 am.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 93
Is it possible to add SurfGF and GF to your SS for multi-level dives?

Just for the record, I think your quote thing got messed up. The quote attributed to me there was not me that said it.

Reactions: Jay
It would be helpful to know how much deco (in minute/hours) is being done in these different categories. For 5 mins of deco kinds of dives I'm not convinced there's going to be any measurable differences in outcomes regardless of GF.

Quite a different story if you are doing 90mins of deco. This is probably especially true for those who have chosen to dive inverted GFs with higher GF lows and lower GFhighs. I don't know of any studies on the effectiveness of 90/75 for instance. If you only have 5 mins of deco then it's probably not measurable. But would be interesting to know if anyone has had TTS of 60+mins with GFs 90/75 (for instance).

@EFX Is it possible to add SurfGF and GF to your SS for multi-level dives?

That information is already included in the %AoM column. See the DIVE_HELP sheet for an explanation of what the data means.

Just an FYI. I will be posting a major version release which fixes a long-standing problem for deco dives along with other bug fixes. Maybe in about a week. Still testing.

Reactions: Jay
It would be helpful to know how much deco (in minute/hours) is being done in these different categories. For 5 mins of deco kinds of dives I'm not convinced there's going to be any measurable differences in outcomes regardless of GF.

Quite a different story if you are doing 90mins of deco. This is probably especially true for those who have chosen to dive inverted GFs with higher GF lows and lower GFhighs. I don't know of any studies on the effectiveness of 90/75 for instance. If you only have 5 mins of deco then it's probably not measurable. But would be interesting to know if anyone has had TTS of 60+mins with GFs 90/75 (for instance).

For people doing dives with longer TTS, it would also be interesting to know what gas is being used vs what gas is planned with.

For people doing dives with longer TTS, it would also be interesting to know what gas is being used vs what gas is planned with.

Well I use 50/75, I don't lie about helium %ages or do any dil switches.

TTS are up to about 3-1/2 hours max deco. 60 to 120mins deco is more typical though. Seems to be working out pretty good so far (275 CCR hours over 5 years)

That information is already included in the %AoM column. See the DIVE_HELP sheet for an explanation of what the data means.

Just an FYI. I will be posting a major version release which fixes a long-standing problem for deco dives along with other bug fixes. Maybe in about a week. Still testing.

Thanks.

@scubadada this will answer the question of how much a SS benefits the M_value of the leading theo tissue. I've not yet read the instructions / figured out the SS yet.

Thank you Jay and scubadada for your interest in the ss. I understand your frustration in comparing it to other software. I had the same problem comparing my data with MultiDeco. In regards to the unique way in how I treat descent, ascent, and level depth times I designed the ss before I ever looked at MD or Subsurface. It was only in the later stages of development when I realized I needed to compare my data to a professional dive planning program. Prior to that decision I was depending on my Perdix in dive planning mode. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the Perdix plans but I needed another basis for comparison.

Again, I want to emphasize the difference in how my ss and other dive planning software present the data and the purposes for which they were designed. Please keep these points in mind if you use my ss. The ss is complicated and I recommend reading through the dive_help sheet (the manual) at least once before using it. If you have questions or concerns ask me in the forum or PM me.

Well I use 50/75, I don't lie about helium %ages or do any dil switches.

TTS are up to about 3-1/2 hours max deco. 60 to 120mins deco is more typical though. Seems to be working out pretty good so far (275 CCR hours over 5 years)

Typical stuff for me is 50-100 TTS. I run 50/85, though will typically extend my last stop so that my surfacing GF is below 80. I do put a lower helium % in my computer though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom