Tec Instructor Recommendation - Ontario Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just did Intro to Tech (and VIP) with Steve (abnfrog) this weekend. Nothing but good to say. I especially liked how he breaks kicks down into their component parts, with land exercises to get muscle memory established. I’ve had major difficulties with frog kick and I got it this weekend. Same with back kick.

My drive was 14 hours each way.

Getting back to the OP's original questions…
'I was hoping I could get some recommendations of really good tec instructors in Ontario, Canada area ideally in the GTA but I’m okay to travel.'

'Short term: I’m looking to go deeper past the rec limits and stay longer at depth pushing past ndl. We have been experimenting with a bit of short deco diving but want to get more formal training. I’ll be taking a side mount course later this summer.'

Stephan Senecal is very active teaching and diving, he's based in Brockville—pretty close to GTA and a good tech diving destination.

'Long term: I want to establish a solid foundation that will allow me to get into multi tank cave diving.'

Steph has very high standards. He would be a good local choice for you to start your tech training.

Another path might be to start your training with a cavern-intro course in North Florida and then continue with your training locally. There's a lot to be said for the foundational skills a good cavern-intro course will give you.

Isn’t Jill Heinherth a tec instructor? Sounds like she joined the raid program. I heard she is pretty good diver.... too bad she’s from Toronto.

Isn’t Jill Heinherth a tec instructor? Sounds like she joined the raid program. I heard she is pretty good diver.... too bad she’s from Toronto.
As far as i know she isnt actively teaching in Ontario.

She lives and teaches in FL.

She moved back to Ontario a few years back

There aren't any instructors in Ontario that are actively technical diving at a level that qualifies them to be a compatant to teach.

Find an instructor that is tech diving in there spair time and currently in tune with the the latest in technology and techniques.
You will not find this in ontario.

@fullytek: Apologies, I seem to have come late to this party...

It appears that this thread was cleaned up long before I noticed it, but your premise (above) still remains and will do so for internet eternity. I feel the need to respond to your allegedly comprehensive assessment of the state of technical dive instruction in Ontario.

In reply, please expound on your initial premise that: "There aren't any instructors in Ontario that are actively technical diving at a level that qualifies them to be a compatant (sic) to teach."

I await your response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom