Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

57717C7C-A8E5-49AA-BCA3-50CC622A12C5.jpeg

E80F8815-67FF-445C-948E-4ADB71BBB1F2.jpeg

lightning1.jpg

Lightning over the North Sound. - Photo: Andrea Iallorenzi

Photographer captures Cayman lightning storm
August 8, 2019
Andrea Iallorenzi of Cayman Islands Photos was out in Wednesday night’s storm on Grand Cayman and took this photograph of lightning over the North Sound.

He shot the photo by the Barcadere George Town Yacht Club around 10pm, as lightning and thunder rocked the island.

He described how he captured the shot, combining a long-exposure with compositing.

“The camera I am using, an Olympus M5 mark II (micro 4/3) With kit lenses 14-42mm, was set with an ISO 200 14mm at 1 second.

“Once the camera is set for the first shot – I had to use manual focus as the sound was very dark – and it works by first taking a base image and after that first exposure, it takes a series of further exposures while registering only the parts that have new bright pixels in them.

“It took me about 10 minutes to take the shot.”

Photographer captures Cayman lightning storm | Cayman Compass

Not a picture, but the owners of LDS just got back from an industry week type trip to Brac and got this footage:

I am extremely jealous!

Anyone have current water temperature in Grand Cayman?

Back
Top Bottom