Are you Kidding me ?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Good, now that I have your attention I want to say how exceptional @Shearwater customer services is.

I found out last Thursday night that I had issues with my transmitter and I’m heading out tomorrow morning for my first dive trip to Tobermory. Not having my transmitter would s*ck a lot as it is such an amazing piece of technology.

I contacted Alex and he referred me to Ness who took care of me on Friday. I mailed my transmitter on the weekend and Monday was also a Holliday. As Tuesday rolled around I basically gave up on the idea of having a replacement transmitter since I’m located across the country from their base of operation. No way I was getting something that quick.

Low and behold, a new transmitter showed up on my door step this afternoon. The team at @Shearwater really came through and overnighted me a transmitter so that I would not miss out.

I can’t believe how awesome these two employees were. I received constant and accurate communication throughout. Ness was even tracking the shipment and sending me updates! Definitely went above and beyond what I would ever expect.

Thank you again @Shearwater for your industry leading customer service! You now have (not that I wasn’t already) a client for life!

I'm happy for you. I'm just not feeling the same love.

Cheers -

I just don't feel the same level of response to my issue.

Cheers -

First, I've never had a problem with any Shearwater product I've owned. Most people don't because they really go out of their way to test and refine before they ship. I have abused, er used, their customer service when I needed a charger for my Teric. I was heading out to Curacao and needed one ASAP... I got it ASAP/2.

Second, their reputation here is amazing. They are the Gold standard for how the Scuba industry should treat their customers. @MargaritaMike seems to be the lone exception, and I have no idea why.

Finally, they've earned my business with a superior product and outstanding service. I hope to be able to afford one of their Nerds one day, especially if I can get one for the CAN bus on my SF2. i hear it's in the works. :D

I just don't feel the same level of response to my issue.

Cheers -
Curious as to what your issue actually is? Seems a little trollish to chime in with a negative in a positive thread if you don’t explain your situation...

First, I've never had a problem with any Shearwater product I've owned. Most people don't because they really go out of their way to test and refine before they ship. I have abused, er used, their customer service when I needed a charger for my Teric. I was heading out to Curacao and needed one ASAP... I got it ASAP/2.

Second, their reputation here is amazing. They are the Gold standard for how the Scuba industry should treat their customers. @MargaritaMike seems to be the lone exception, and I have no idea why.

Finally, they've earned my business with a superior product and outstanding service. I hope to be able to afford one of their Nerds one day, especially if I can get one for the CAN bus on my SF2. i hear it's in the works. :D

I love their products. I have a Teric and two Perdix AI. I'm having a problem getting my dives into my electronic log. I really don't want to have to manually log my dives as I have over 25 dives to log, but will if I have to. I'm sure they will figure it out, but when they do I may have manually logged the dives and then will have to reenter all of the verbiage associated with each dive. The question is when.

Cheers -

I love their products. I have a Teric and two Perdix AI. I'm having a problem getting my dives into my electronic log. I really don't want to have to manually log my dives as I have over 25 dives to log, but will if I have to. I'm sure they will figure it out, but when they do I may have manually logged the dives and then will have to reenter all of the verbiage associated with each dive. The question is when.

Cheers -
Is this a Shearwater Cloud issue?

Here here. I don't know what Shearwater's balance sheet is like, but any new (and old) business that wants to learn about customer care should reach out to Shearwater for a crash course. Also, the quality of the one product that I own (Petrel 2) is exceptional. I wouldn't be surprised if M2's dive log issues get resolved either on ScubaBoard or by Shearwater in a timely fashion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom