New bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Found a good deal (I hope it was a good deal) on an unused bp/w, now I just have to figure out how to use it:). Hoping to get in the pool after getting some trim pockets and weight pouches for it so I can figure it out. Going to check out the bp/w thread for some advice and tips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 167
Looks like you got a DGX aluminum backplate with their 23lb travel wing. Good stuff.

Enjoy.

You will find that you won't need as much lead as with a standard BCD because your new rig has no padding that adds to positive buoyancy.

If you don't need a lot of lead and you dive local to where you live you can ziptie lead to the backplate, or mount small trim pockets on the cam straps.

If you find you want pockets, I recommend the Dive Rite quick buckle weight pockets or the HOG drop weight pockets are both good products:

Dive Rite Quick Buckle Weight System | Dive Gear Express®
HOG 10lb Drop Weight Pockets Large Pair

-Z

If you have not been trained in this system you should find somebody that dives with one and knows how to show you the ins and outs of the system. It is really important that somebody fits the harness correctly, how to dive with one, and how to lay it down so you won't accidentally poke holes on you wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom