Tip for something to place underneath dive gear while drying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boot tray was my first thought, all the ones I found were to small to properly do the job.

what about a bread crate and just leave in the bottom of the shower when its dry just pick it up and take it to where you store it

full.jpg

Ohhhh!

If boot tray (my first thought) isn't going to do the trick . . .are you sure you shouldn't be figuring out a different kind of hanger for in your tub/shower area?

Screenshot_20190806-014213_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190806-014312_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190806-015710_Samsung Internet.jpg

I just use the lid of a plastic tub under my wetsuit/things that will drip a lot, and a towel under things like fins, knife, mask that will dry relatively quickly. Once I empty the water and dry it off, the lid just goes back onto its tub. Anything that fits and will hold water will work

I just use the lid of a plastic tub under my wetsuit/things that will drip a lot, and a towel under things like fins, knife, mask that will dry relatively quickly. Once I empty the water and dry it off, the lid just goes back onto its tub. Anything that fits and will hold water will work

Our OP is planning to or has been putting a towel down on hardwood. In my experience, that dampness could still damage the floor. Using the towel is ok but there should still be some kind of waterproof barrier between the damp towel and the floor. If it's linoleum, maybe not as big a deal.

..In the past my gear got washed in the shower and hung on the shower rod to dry. I dont a shower rod anymore, the bathroom is tile so finding a stud to mount one would be difficult at best....

Can you put up a temporary one? one that telescopes out as you unscrew it and it wedges itself between the walls?

.... just don't put a dripping wet suit in the middle of the bar, keep the heavy stuff near the ends ...

_R

Back
Top Bottom