Flooding mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onejubb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi
I just did my first live aboard and my mask which has been fine all this while Started flooding after the first 3 days. At first I thought it might be because my stubble had grown and had a shave. But the problem still continued and I had to deal with it for the rest of the trip. Any ideas on why this happened considering that I’ve been diving with this mask and had no problems so far. Including the first 3 days of the very same trip
Thanks

1) did you start wearing a hood on the third day?
2) are you sure that your mask strap is in the same position on the back of your head as you've always worn it?
3) have you checked the skirt to ensure that it's not ripped or dented?
4) have you begun to inadvertently exhale and/or inhale through your nose a bit during otherwise normal breathing
5) . .

1) did you start wearing a hood on the third day?
No
2) are you sure that your mask strap is in the same position on the back of your head as you've always worn it?
Yes I think so
3) have you checked the skirt to ensure that it's not ripped or dented?
Seems fine
4) have you begun to inadvertently exhale and/or inhale through your nose a bit during otherwise normal breathing
I haven't checked or noticed that. I equalise with the nose so I might have blown hard a couple of times
5) . .

I haven't checked or noticed that. I equalise with the nose so I might have blown hard a couple of times

Firmly but gently when equalising dude and air should not leave your nose if you have it sealed properly
if not you are not equalising, you are blowing your nose

Does it have a purge valve that might be leaking? If not, carefully fill the mask like a bucket of water and let it sit for a bit. Then check for any sign of leaks.

Also possible to make a mask leak by over tightening the strap.

Were you having so much fun that you were smiling too much?

Does it have a purge valve that might be leaking? If not, carefully fill the mask like a bucket of water and let it sit for a bit. Then check for any sign of leaks.

Also possible to make a mask leak by over tightening the strap.

#5!!

Firmly but gently when equalising dude and air should not leave your nose if you have it sealed properly
if not you are not equalising, you are blowing your nose
Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom