Getting STINAPA tags has changed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I have read all we have to do is carry a printout and a c-card. Toss it in the glove box and we're good.

That being said I hate it.

This is going to cause big issues. I don't carry ID when diving....no place to keep it nor do I carry a phone. This is a bad idea.
How do you get to the dive site? Don't you drive? Don't you need a driver's license?

Yes I drive but I dont'/ haven't carried ID for the last 20 years on island.

So do we still have to be "oriented" to the island and listen to what sometimes seems like an informercial from the local resorts?

I was just down in Bonaire last week (trip report coming soon) but the tag process has changed. You now have to buy you tags online and you don't get a physical plastic one for you BCD. You can print them out or just keep them on your phone for them to check on demand. I am putting the link to their site for everyone's convenience.

Bonaire Nature Fee | STINAPA - STINAPA

Appreciate the link. My brother hadn't mentioned the change. Nobody mentioned the price increase either. Would have been a pain to show up Friday and find this out. Not a real surprise, but, like some others, the tags were a neat souvenir.

Orientation is step 2 and done online before you pay.

Looks like that part is easier.

Still need to get tanks and weights, but an afternoon arrival means possible same day diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom