My broken leg...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're continuing to be patient with yourself, which is good. You're getting there.

I had the same thought. Obviously you have the experience to know what you already know so I am preaching to the choir. But it is good to see you both pushing a bit, but also listening to the body after pushing a little bit.

If you’ll start grilling at home, your prognosis for a speedy recovery increases drastically. :)

Heal up, sir.

If you’ll start grilling at home, your prognosis for a speedy recovery increases drastically. :)
My nephew just brought up a charcoal grill. Old school, baby.

Now that is a nephew worth having!

Things went well most of last week, doing between 2,000 to 3,500 steps a day... until Friday. When I was getting out of the 3500 Transit, I landed on my left foot, rather than my right. Yeouch. The broken bone was a little sore, but the ankle was a lot sore. Again, just as I seem to be making progress, I make a careless misstep and I have to sit out a bit. The steps dropped down to less than 500 a day, until today. Today the ankle seems to be fine and leg doesn't feel grumpy. The Garmin Descent has my goal at 1800 steps today, and I'm already at 1,595 with no pain and normal stiffness. I'm still slow, but the limp is lessening, which is fabulous. I even got to spend 3:12 on the elliptical. It does not count as steps on the Garmin, but it does wonders to improve my cardio. Again, I stopped before I felt any stress on the leg. Heart rate only went up to 75 (resting is around 45 to 50) and I wasn't out of breath, though I felt an increase in breathing.

Today's goal is to hit 2,000 steps and go swimming in a spring. It should be fun and I don't expect to hurt from it all.

It's been three months since the fall of Pete. Sometimes I can walk. Sometimes I have to sit. I am increasing the numbers of days that I walk. This past Saturday, @tbone1004 acted as both Sherpa and dive buddy and we got to dive a 1000 feet back in P1, at the Wes Skiles Peacock Springs State Park. We were down for about an hour. Today, we dove the Nicholson Tunnel and made a circuit around back to the entrance. There were plenty of critters in there. Tom found a molted crawdad on the mainline. It was kind of brownish, though the molt was the usual white. We got back to the terminus and then went down the Peanut Line where I started feeling a bit nauseated. I thought I was going to hurl way back there. I turned the dive and we got in about 90 minutes. I then spent a thoroughly enjoyable hour or so at Dive Outpost with Cathy, Paul, Rocky and any customer that walked in. Fun people providing us a solid service.

First dive since breaking my leg.
First cave dive, too.
First dive on my rebreather after the incident, while I'm at it.

Frog kicking with my left foot is problematic at the moment. I can't get it high enough.

It's been three months since the fall of Pete. Sometimes I can walk. Sometimes I have to sit. I am increasing the numbers of days that I walk. This past Saturday, @Tbone0608 acted as both Sherpa and dive buddy and we got to dive a 1000 feet back in P1, at the Wes Skiles Peacock Springs State Park. We were down for about an hour. Today, we dove the Nicholson Tunnel and made a circuit around back to the entrance. There were plenty of critters in there. Tom found a molted crawdad on the mainline. It was kind of brownish, though the molt was the usual white. We got back to the terminus and then went down the Peanut Line where I started feeling a bit nauseated. I thought I was going to hurl way back there. I turned the dive and we got in about 90 minutes. I then spent a thoroughly enjoyable hour or so at Dive Outpost with Cathy, Paul, Rocky and any customer that walked in. Fun people providing us a solid service.

First dive since breaking my leg.
First cave dive, too.
First dive on my rebreather after the incident, while I'm at it.

Frog kicking with my left foot is problematic at the moment. I can't get it high enough.
Congrats - glad to see your steady progress of recovery to the point where you are back to some diving!

Hey Pete just read of your misfortune today. Just a quick note to wish you all the best. Hope to see you at a Scuba board function again soon.
The next SB event will be the Fall Megadive at Ginnie Springs and I plan to be there!

Glad to see you are back in the water. Hope the leg gets better on land soon I'm watching the house thread as well love the updates.

I Should start a thread on the chaparral house myself but I'm lazy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom