dive bag recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember in an old post, someone recommending using old-style hard-sided luggage. You can pick them up at a thrift store for cheap and they don't scream expensive gear inside. The main drawback is that they are heavy.

We have the mares bag that weighs about 2 kelo, it’s on wheels.

We normally pack up to it’s limit in dive gear, it carry’s 2 sets nicely. However we struggle coming back as everything weighs more somehow, I’m told it’s due to it being damp / humid.

So I was going to split the dive gear as we can take 2 sets FOC on our airline so why stress ourselves out, trying to pack it into one.

The mares 2 kelo one is perfect, but too big in my opinion, so I was looking for suggestions of lightweight dive bag preferably on wheels, or I suppose that could sit on top of my main wheely case.
You can buy diving bags from amazon. There are scuba diving bags and there are really good. There are mesh bags and whatever you buy you have to make sure that they are waterproof and most importantly they have to made out with material which are easy to wipe and be cleaned. As you are taking that to sandy places the materials must have to be very rigid and dust proof. They might be a little expensive but I would suggest to buy those as you would nit want to waste your valuable money over useless things.

Which is why I use HD neon zip ties.

so did I until I was in transit and customs pulled me aside and told me to open my pelican..I asked them for a pair of scissors so I could cut off the zip ties and by the time they had found a pair that could cut the zip ties, I had missed my connection...I went back to padlocks after that..

After having the airline recently completely destroy my dive bag and some gear with it, I went with a Pelican Air - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EGDWRWA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The weight is about the same as a soft bag and it is exactly the maximum allowable checked bag (62”) with no overcharges. If you add up the dimensions of the bag above, it exceeds this maximum. It also has a lifetime warranty!
They have a version of this case (1615TRVL) with built in keylocks on the latches. I don't see the option to buy it without the fancy compartment dividers though.

An older thread but thought I would pass along this sale ending today at Samsonite. They have a 30" duffle that is great for transporting dive gear as well as all your clothing, especially if you have long fins. As a disclaimer I do work for Samsonite but wouldn't recommend this bag if I didn't think it was a great deal. https://shop.samsonite.com/luggage/...eled-executive-wheeled-duffel/110384XXXX.htmlView attachment 523364

After reading this, I found today they have up to 50% off until 24/20.

While spendy, I've gotten 5 years of 4 trips a year use out of my Patagonia Black Hole wheeled duffel (100L) with no end in sight. Fit's 2 sets of gear just fine, wheels great, is sturdy and has held up against all manners of wear. If you have an REI dividend coming in the spring of any sizable amount, it's a good way to purchase it at a discount which is what I wound up doing to take the sting out of Patagucci prices.

Patagonia Black Hole® Wheeled Duffel Bag 100L

While spendy, I've gotten 5 years of 4 trips a year use out of my Patagonia Black Hole wheeled duffel (100L) with no end in sight. Fit's 2 sets of gear just fine, wheels great, is sturdy and has held up against all manners of wear. If you have an REI dividend coming in the spring of any sizable amount, it's a good way to purchase it at a discount which is what I wound up doing to take the sting out of Patagucci prices.

Patagonia Black Hole® Wheeled Duffel Bag 100L
I like mine a lot too, but the extendable handle jammed on this last trip and I couldn't figure out how to take it apart to fix it. It appears that the little retracting ball mechanism which locks things in place quit working on one side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom