Mini season, why the bad PR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's done now... we're back to normal. The regular lobster season opens in a week or so.
I think you meant "It will be done tomorrow, there will be another day of rapine and pillage today"

Well, it's still on. Right now I'm circling my wife's flag as she making her last dive. It appears that here just south of the Hillsboro light that life is back to normal. Looks like any typical Saturday. However, Sea Rescue keeps calling some snuck on the radio to pick up his divers and move away from the fishing pier.

Okay, so I dove Blue Heron Bridge today. It was moderately unpleasant getting in. The Park was still open, but there was so little available parking that I had to park pretty far away from the diving area. A large percentage of the cars parked in the diver area did not belong to divers or snorkelers, but were friends/families going out in lobstering boats. A lot of boaters left family behind in the park, who kind of just loitered around. One woman put her toddler on her lap and then drove slowly around the park, letting the toddler honk the horn repeatedly. God, what a nuisance she was. Another group of left-behinds made a giant obstructive koom-bay-ah circle right in the path where divers commonly enter/exit the water. Very few lobstering boats had returned by mid-afternoon so the park wasn't yet stinky or trashy.

The dive itself was rather good. There actually weren't that many folks on the snorkel trail or under the bridge. Only one open water class appeared to be in session. Incredibly high amount of parrotfishes today. Spotted a darterfish. Hot.

Phil Foster park isn't just for bridge divers. Boater pay a fee to launch and retrieve their vessels. Divers get a free pass. Maybe if divers were willing to pay for parking...

We went out of Boynton both days at 6am. It was ok, but Wednesday am was packed pierside.
I might not bother with mini season again since I can dive anytime I want. I don’t eat lobster anyway, although my cat was mighty appreciative.
Plus the neighbors liked their trays of lobster mac ‘n cheese they got on Monday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom