Tank pocket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8jab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When slinging a pony or stage bottle, or during side mount diving, does anyone add a pocket to the tank? I could imagine it a convenient location to store some gear, but also a possible hazard, depending on one's perspective.

sort of. Not on sidemount/pony/stage, but I have one on my O2 bottle for cave diving. Holds an extra set of wetnotes, extra mask, my MP3 player/any other entertainment. It holds deco specific gear only. Anything I need on the dive is in pockets on my body. Pockets on the tanks are really annoying to get into while diving, not recommended

Something similar. There is an instructor trainer who mounts his dsmb / lift bag on one of his sidemount tanks. It is secured using the hose retaining bands.

I have a tank pocket ... I use it to store my post dive beer when I can't trust the captain not to drink it while I splash.

I use two weight pouches when I dive AL80s sidemount. 3 lbs on the butt of the tank holds them suckers down and trims me out.

Attaching your pony to your main tank is dangerous. Several people have died as a direct result. Slinging it from the BCD has not resulted in any deaths. There's threads on SB about it, and an article or two on the DAN site.

Sorry about that, folks.

Attaching your pony to your main tank is dangerous. Several people have died as a direct result. Slinging it from the BCD has not resulted in any deaths. There's threads on SB about it, and an article or two on the DAN site.
I don't think anyone's talking about that here... or I missed it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom