Croatia, general divers info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVING FEDERATIONS VALID IN CROATIA

BISAC - The British Sub - Aqua Club
CMAS - World Underwater Federation (Confederation Mondiale des Activites Subaquatiques)
IANTD - International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers
NAUI - National Association of Underwater Instructors
PADI - Professional Association of Diving Instructors
SSI - Scuba School International
Temporary diving qualifications are not valid.

I think you’re missing a few there. One of them being GUE as I know of a GUE diveshop in Croatia....

I have a question about dives in Croatia...
Is there a place you would suggest with a decent beach dive, for a family with children and non diving partner, with a sandy beach sloping quite gently to the sea?
Diving would be just a plus in a non diving trip
Thanks

I can vouch for the waters in and around RAB....damn cold!

Food and hospitality...extremely warm :)

Is there a place you would suggest with a decent beach dive, for a family with children and non diving partner, with a sandy beach sloping quite gently to the sea?
Thanks
No sand in Croatia...rocks or rock walls.

Thanks
The only place I know of with that description is "Podvrska Beach" on Murter Island. You would be required to pay the 323 Euro solo-diver fee at the Lučka Kapetana:
Lučka ispostava Murter
22243 Murter
Butina 2
Tel.022 435 190
Present your OWD Certification, pay the fee and you're good to solo-dive in Croatia EXCEPT in restricted areas. It's a lot to pay for a short vacation, but it's good for one year.

I think you’re missing a few there. One of them being GUE as I know of a GUE diveshop in Croatia....
I think that IDEA is also recognized in Croatia.

Thank you very much for all your advice. Can you recommend any dive centres or sites around Kotčula? I will be there in the next couple of weeks…

Thank you very much for all your advice. Can you recommend any dive centres or sites around Kotčula? I will be there in the next couple of weeks…
While this is second-hand info, I have heard good things about Dupin dive centre. I think it is run by a family from UK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom