Recommendations for dive operations in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with Coconut Tree Divers earlier this month. Very laid back. Their boats are slow but very stable as dive platforms. They also support tech divers well.

Do you already have accommodations booked? Depending on where you are, that will narrow down the dive ops you'll be interested in? If not, West End is a great place to be, specifically Cocolobo; but I'm also biased because we just became partial owners of a lodge there!! Plenty of dive shops in walking distance, Mares & Cressi stores can be walked to if needed, and plenty of eating options all right there.

Are you thinking of doing the shark dive? There's only one place that caters to it, but a lot of the dive shops will get you hooked up and sorted with them.

We stayed at Turquoise Bay and dove with Subway. I can't recommend Subway highly enough. Boats were like new, maybe 10 divers max, 2 DMs in the water, Lionfish hunting allowed...and encouraged, absolutely a top notch operation.

Safe travels,
Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom