Octo R195 Scubapro purge button stuck!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a Scubapro MK21/R195 this weekend and hooked it up to a tank and the Octo started free-flowing as soon as I turned the air on. After having a look, I noticed it's that the purge button was stuck/indented and turned sideways at the same time. I was able to correct it and stop the purging by twisting it back gently.
Does anyone know if this is normal for the R195? If so, what's the use case here?

I couldn't find anything about this in the manual or online. Has anyone else experienced this, too?
Please enlighten me!
Thanks,
G

I am not familiar with the R195, but it would seem likely that you have the anti-set seat saver feature which was engaged. What you describe would then be normal, and you correctly adjusted the purge button to turn it off. If you are able to replicate the situation by turning off your air and returning the purge button to the anti set position (and vice versa) then all is well.

Called a seat saver. It prevents the seat and orifice from touching while not pressurized. You slightly depress it and turn. Perfectly fine.

Thank you all!
I googled 'seat saver' and got some good info back.

Very helpful! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom