FIX SPG Numbers Face Rotated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MyronGanes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So somehow as you can see in the picture the numbers have all rotated. There is zero pressure in the gauge and the zero should be where the needle is. I tried pressing on the transparent enclosure and rotating it without luck. Am I alright to pry it open? How do I properly seat the plastic cap back into the gauge after?

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190725_133536.jpg
    MVIMG_20190725_133536.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 103
Direct DiveRite to your post......they might want to remedy this. You probably can't. No offense, its built in.

No, nothing you fix yourself. Send off to Dive Rite. Hope for a warranty replacement. If not, buy a new gauge.

That is not a normal problem. It is not something one fixes. That is something someone replaces.

Use a permanent marker to mark out what pressure you actualy are at.

If you do decide to take it apart and rotate the dial back to where it should be (and glue it it place), the main problem in my mind will be to re-seal the housing. I had one once that leaked and it took a few tries to get it properly sealed again.

I agree that first you should try to get them to replace it. It's bad enough that it's online for the whole world to see.

No, nothing you fix yourself. Send off to Dive Rite. Hope for a warranty replacement. If not, buy a new gauge.

That is not a normal problem. It is not something one fixes. That is something someone replaces.

I just had to replace a really nice 2.5 inch SPG I’ve had for years because it got banged and the needle sticks.

I hated to let it go, but there’s no one thing more important to a diver than knowing how much gas you have. I couldn’t trust that gauge any more. It’s now a paper weight.

If Dive Rite won’t replace it, buy a nice heavy duty one.

Back
Top Bottom