Practical Water Electric Submersible for Underwater Activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are the Seadoo scooters, really designed for reef bimbling by OW divers. I have played with one and it's quite fun, but it is what it is, a rec diving toy. It will never compare to a proper tech DPV. Its also 250 USD vs 2500 USD so there's that....

From what I remember there are various SeaDoo models. Some are ok for rec diving but others are only for snorkeling or playing in a pool. Only a fool would use one on a tech dive.

Scubapro Sea Scooter text.jpg
While looking for a fin (original "Sea Wing") advert in a Scubapro 1994 catalog I found this “Sea Shuttle” that was advertised briefly in the dive magazines of the time.
Scubapro Sea Scooter 1994 R.jpg
Scubapro Sea Scooter 1994 text .jpg

My SeaShuttle works
but the Apollo is strong and beautifully neutral, adjustable pitch prop a big bonus

easy to modify for extra vroom vroom

full.jpg

ATTACH]

and clearing out the shroud adds heaps

full.jpg

full.jpg

a battery is under a hundred bucks

Goes as far as you need wrecreationally we're in 25m-30m here
and the crotch option is beautiful

Give Dave Sutton a buzz and see if he has any CCCP Monsters left

Why on earth would those beautiful refurbished parts be headed for a cardboard recycling bin

what are you talking about mate

here's the only blue receptacle those beautiful refurbished modified parts headed to

full.jpg

It's straining an pushing and pulling in the video man

are you alright

Reactions: OTF
More recent generations seem to have the view that old gear (i.e. from before their time) must be obsolescent and needs to be thrown out, hence my comment was intended to be somewhat ironic. When I started diving this gear was yet to be invented and I remember when the first scooters arrived, however few people could afford to buy them.

My SeaShuttle works
but the Apollo is strong and beautifully neutral, adjustable pitch prop a big bonus

easy to modify for extra vroom vroom

View attachment 530965
ATTACH]

and clearing out the shroud adds heaps

View attachment 530959

View attachment 530964

a battery is under a hundred bucks

Goes as far as you need wrecreationally we're in 25m-30m here
and the crotch option is beautiful

Give Dave Sutton a buzz and see if he has any CCCP Monsters left
Just reviewing some topics when found this again. The protective shroud grids would have been to avoid lawsuits when an owner foolishly stuck their hand in the prop with it turning. They detract from hydrodynamic efficiency, but you remove them at your own risk.

All of them were used, after having the motors rewound, in Gavin scooters and the many Gavin/Silent Submersion clones. Back in the lead acid/LiFePO4 era they were THE scooter used for almost all cave exploration in caves big enough to allow the use of scooters (WAKULLA). Still have 3 Gavin clones with code 80 tubes, rewound motors and 51Ah LiFePO4 batteries - heavy, but work much better than stock Gavins at depths where Gavins break.

Michael
Do you actually mean LiFePO4 or are you thinking of one of the nickle chemistries? Just asking because I don't think of LiFePO4 as anything like lead, but much more of a modern battery for this kind of thing, albeit one that sacrifices a small amount of volume and capacity for increased safety over lipo.

Do you actually mean LiFePO4 or are you thinking of one of the nickle chemistries? Just asking because I don't think of LiFePO4 as anything like lead, but much more of a modern battery for this kind of thing, albeit one that sacrifices a small amount of volume and capacity for increased safety over lipo.
Actually know of one that be modified / updated to lithium iron 80Ah few years back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom