Anyone here subscribe to undercurrent.org? Do you recommend??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GR8FUL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Over the last few days of online research I've discovered several new dive-related websites, including undercurrents.org A six month subscription is $18.00, not all the money in the world & evidently they've got a money back guarantee if you're not happy with it, just wondering if anyone here subscribes and if you would recommend?

I'm primarily interested due to other subscriber's unbiased trip reports & resort / LOB reviews found here Dive Resorts & Liveaboards Reviews Worldwide but there's also quite a bit of that available here so wondering if it's worth the subscription price?

I think so. If it saves me a few dollars every few years it is worth it. Plus, there is some useful info in general. My only problem with it is the tendency to highlight via editorials and articles unverified complaints. I've met enough drama queens and sociopaths to not trust blatant one-side slams. So, if taken with some skepticism. I keep my subscription going.

I've subscribed to Undercurrent since the early 1980s. Good monthly newsletters. Very good, unbiased reviews of operators, liveaboards. All reviews are available to subscribers online

I think so. If it saves me a few dollars every few years it is worth it. Plus, there is some useful info in general. My only problem with it is the tendency to highlight via editorials and articles unverified complaints. I've met enough drama queens and sociopaths to not trust blatant one-side slams. So, if taken with some skepticism. I keep my subscription going.
Me too and I canceled my subscription this year because of the unverified attacks on businesses and people etc. I also just found I didn't need it. There are so many reviews/ blogs on line now that it isn't as important.

I've subscribed to Undercurrent since the early 1980s. Good monthly newsletters. Very good, unbiased reviews of operators, liveaboards. All reviews are available to subscribers online
Personally I believe every review done by a human is biased...

I don't have a subscription anymore and often think of re-subscribing.

It’s been useful for planning dive vacations and worth the money to me. There are some excellent vendors not well covered by this site that are available for review there.

I've been a subscriber for over 10 years, and really appreciate the objectivity of the reviews.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom