Washing a second hand drysuit undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it’s not Thinsulate, pretty much can’t go wrong with turned inside out, cold water, gentle cycle, and not a ton of laundry detergent.

Hang to dry.

This only applies to fleece and polypro.

...and any Weezle.

12 years ago I sold my first Weezle Extreme + after washing it once, to a dive buddy. I was an idiot. Since then I've been using my Weezle Extreme +'s for over 10 years and many washings.
The only thing I like better than a Weezle, is a cute girl wearing a Wicked Weasel:thumb:

Michael

If it’s not Thinsulate, pretty much can’t go wrong with turned inside out, cold water, gentle cycle, and not a ton of laundry detergent.

Hang to dry.

This only applies to fleece and polypro.

...and any Weezle.
Weirdly enough, it applied to my Aqualung undersuit as well. Except the turning inside out thing. It's a thinsulate/fleece combo.

I just read the washing instructions and followed them.

Pranie i czyszczenie

Santi says their thinsulate undersuits can be washed repeatedly. I have washed my bz400x a few of times without noticeable change in performance.

Here the instructions by DUI (mine is DUI)
DUI | Drysuits & Diving Equipment from Diving Unlimited International

DUI THINSULATE XM450™ / DUI THINSULATE™ XM250™
  • Machine wash – Cold
  • Wash the undergarment by itself
  • Use a front loader machine if available
  • Wash the undergarment twice:
First wash – use ½ of the soap you would normally use

Second wash – water only

• Lay flat to dry or tumble dry – low to no heat
  • Dry the undergarment by itself
  • Do not hang to dry
  • Do not use bleach
  • Do not use fabric softeners
  • Do not iron
  • Do not dry clean
To freshen up your undergarment due to odor, machine wash cold with one cup of white vinegar only.

We recommend wearing a base layer such as DUI ECODiveWear underneath your undergarment made with Thinsulate. The base layer will absorb odors and perspiration from the body and can be washed frequently.

For previous styles of DUI undergarments made of Thinsulate®, use a front loading washing machine only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom