Current Status of Fill Station Owned/Operated by Stathis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Oceanic has sold different computers, and I don't know yours. My old Versa Pro has gradients of green, yellow, and red - so maybe they are similar, or maybe not. I've always tried to use a long enough Safety Stop to get back into the green, along with slow ascents, deep stops on deeper dives, and always floating effortlessly on the surface for at least the first minute. In my more aggressive diving days when I got into deco at times, I never could get to green - at most, the least of yellow, one gradient away.

I'm just discussing comparisons. It's good that you know your computer and have your program for staying safe.

Twinges would be scary if I'd been bent before. You're probably twice as good on a tank as I, and you may want to consider further precautions. Take care.

I have the Pro Plus 2 that I purchased in 2006 when I was certified. And mine has green, yellow and red gradations. After seeing the chamber doctor in Nassau, I now do longer safety stops and slower ascents. After a dive where I've been deep, I'll come up much shallower and hang out there for a good portion of my dive. That will sometimes reduce my nitrogen readings from 7/9 N2 to 4/9 N2 when I get out of the water (9 being the available gradations in the safe or green zone). Now that I know my computer and limitations with said computer, I get reliable, consistent, and safe results.

Well if you were bent in the green, there must be other issues - at least that day, but it sounds like you have a good personal program.

Well if you were bent in the green, there must be other issues - at least that day, but it sounds like you have a good personal program.

If I do multiple dives maxing the green zone, I have problems. I could be more more susceptible to being bent since it's happened before, don't really know. Needless to say, I dive very conservatively on my computer, and it's working :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom