Opinions on ScubaPro Mk25?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Picked up a new Mk25/G500 right after certification.
Still the first choice from my bag of regs.
Around 1,000 dives on it... dropped it, neglected it, dragged it in the sand, stuffed it in carry-ons
...and never a single problem, not one in twenty years.
Dived it just yesterday.

K.

I prefer the MK5 because you can get them for a couple 20 dollar bills, granddaddy of the 25 and parts are still available.
I can dive the 25 and the 5 and can’t tell any difference.
I’m not concerned with hose routing because the only thing connected to the 1st stage is the second stage and the spg

The MK25 is all the regulator you’ll ever need

One of the best, don’t trust the dust cover to do anything but keep dust out and it will serve you well.

what makes you say that?
also, does this mean soaking in fresh water after a dive it is probably not a good option?

what makes you say that?
also, does this mean soaking in fresh water after a dive it is probably not a good option?
Don’t soak with the standard dust cap, it just doesn’t do a good job with water, there are after market types the do a better job. You do need to soak and flush the ambient chamber to prevent internal corrosion.

Don’t soak with the standard dust cap, it just doesn’t do a good job with water, there are after market types the do a better job. You do need to soak and flush the ambient chamber to prevent internal corrosion.

Forgive my ignorance but which part is the ambient chamber?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom