7mil wetsuit for a fat guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a custom wetsuit, was a good move but if I had it to do over again...

Take a suit that is "close" then get it modified to take care of the shortcomings. Need to buy a bigger suit to fit the belly/butt but legs too long? Get them shortened. Same with the arms. Anyone that does custom work should be able to do some minor tailoring that will make it fit as good as custom.

Long zips on arms and legs I like a LOT. Makes it SO much easier to wear. Again a custom shop should be able to add these to a commercial suit.

Try wetwear in Halendale Fl.

The thicker the wet suit teh more buoyancy issues you have , have you considered using a combo of something like lavacore and a 3 mil?

Have you tried asking wetsuit manufacturer to try and match it for you? I currently use a ninepin wetsuit for spearfishing with different size legs from top. I have also seen some boutique wetsuit manufactures custom fit wetsuits, this might be more in line with getting one that fits you perfectly?

The thicker the wet suit teh more buoyancy issues you have , have you considered using a combo of something like lavacore and a 3 mil?

hows about when you take your thin lavacore and a 3 mil shore diving in 5m of surgy swell

Just a thought but I had one custom made in Taiwan about 18 years ago, haven't dived a lot with it but it still works great. I plan on using it there next month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom