Compare Apeks DST to Scubapro Mk25 evo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RandomGuy1

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone happen to have a picture of these side by side? I'm trying to decide on a sidemount setup and I can't find the physical dimensions of the first stages. A weight on both would be nice as well if someone has that. Searching the interwebs and my googlefu has failed me.

The dst is diaphragm. The mk25 is piston. The dst is a pretty solid regulator where as the mk25 is pretty hollow comparatively. Although both swivel and do(can) have 5th ports its like comparing apples to oranges.

The dst has a lot more brass in the body than the mk25, hence the substantial weight difference. You can tell the difference while holding them in your hands. But once connected to a tank there is no way to tell. So the weight really doesn't matter. I would be more concerned about flow rates, cold water tolerance, and environmental sealing.

Just my opinion. The weight and size is really just an asthetic issue. (unless you were talking about comparing a ds4 to a dst or something along those lines where the size difference is significant.)

The Mk25 also seems to get a weight reduction retirement from generation to generation. I have a older Mk25 measures at 650g. A newer mk25, just before the Eco, measured at 600g. The look is different too.

Having said that, I won't say one is more solid than the other. They are both very solid and feel substantial.

You should compare the mtx first to the mk25 first
Looking at the mtx I like the looks of it, but apeks numbers they publish show the wob being a good bit higher than the xtx 50 / DST combo. In practice for what I do they would probably be overkill, and I wouldn't be able to tell a noticeable difference. At least that is my way of thinking.

The wob is higher because no diver controls. Dont let the numbers fool you into thinking they breathe twice as hard. They dont.

Back
Top Bottom