Belize Dive Haven?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maj2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the opportunity to go to Belize Dive Haven in March 2020.
I understand the place is brand new.
Anyone know anything about the accomodation and dive op?

Describe ‘opportunity’ :) if it’s a free Corp event ... sure, if it’s a choice, you are paying full rate and there is somewhere else to go. I would probably say leave it until there have been more reviews and feedback....I should add that I haven’t been.

It's only been open couple of months as far as I know. Is there some reason that you need to commit now?

The way things go in Belize, it could be out of business by March 2020.

That said, the owner is very wealthy and I think the resort is passion project for him, so truly hard to say.

Not a corporate event. Dive club trip.
My daughter and I have been wanting to go to Belize. Tough to figure theis place out from a shiny new website and not a lot of other mention.

It's only been open couple of months as far as I know. Is there some reason that you need to commit now?

The way things go in Belize, it could be out of business by March 2020.

Lol, always a concern when you go to Belize.

That said, the owner is very wealthy and I think the resort is passion project for him, so truly hard to say.

Reminds me of the old saying: "The best way to make a small fortune in Belize is to start with a large one."

Who's the owner? I think I remember heaing Leonardo DiCaprio was going to build a resort on the cayes.

Lol, always a concern when you go to Belize.

Reminds me of the old saying: "The best way to make a small fortune in Belize is to start with a large one."

Who's the owner? I think I remember heaing Leonardo DiCaprio was going to build a resort on the cayes.

It's not Leo's. His is very near Ambergris Caye.

The owner is this guy:

Karim Hakimi - Wikipedia

That has my spidey senses tingling. First, the owner is not Belizean and I see no ties in his wiki to Belize. Second, when someone offers 50% off you have to ask yourself why. Is that 50% off a grossly inflated list price? Or is there a cash flow issue? Because of a recent experience, I'd be very wary of paying far in advance of service delivered. If you get travel insurance make sure it covers financial default or fraud. Many policies do not.

Your dive club is placing a really large bet on an unknown horse.

Yeah. I don’t agree with some of the reefhound essence above bit I do agree with other bits, but I still probably wouldn’t go. I don’t think being ‘Belizean’ has an impact: I’ve been going to Belize for 10 years and never had a Belizean landlord. I have been on a 10 day aggressor liveaboard in Belize with aggressor that was %50 off and it was a steal at the price. I really enjoyed the trip...
That being said. It is a crazy risk as he says. I would be calling my diveclub out on it.

It would be a no from me. If I had always wanted to go to Belize with my daughter. This wouldn’t be it. Unless it was dirt cheap and I was retired. How much per person per night?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom