Australian killed by boat strike - Formentera, Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Melbourne father-of-three killed celebrating birthday in Spain
A Melbourne father has died after he was hit by a boat while diving off the coast of Spain.

Stephen Jones died while diving off the island of Formentera, an island south of Ibiza last week, the Herald Sun reported on Tuesday night.

The father-of-three was on holiday with his wife and six friends to celebrate his and his wife’s 40th birthdays, according to the paper.

Mr Jones’ children Will, 9, Jean, 7, and Herbie, 4, arrived back in Melbourne with their mother on Monday evening, the Herald reported.

Is it me or are incidents related to boats hitting divers on the increase? I only wonder if the divers float SMB's or is this simply a case of the boat operators not paying attention to surface markings. I know that in some areas around here the alpha flag has absolutely no meaning to the fishermen, but I guess they simply don't know what the alpha flag mean.

Back
Top Bottom