HP Quick Disconnect for Transmitters and Multiple Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cr.padlo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have two regulator sets that I use quite frequently. I do not like to leave it on the reg when in transit, as I like to keep it with my dive computer when possible. I also have two regulator sets that I use.

I was recommended a QD from scubapro (https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.com/hp-quick-disconnect-coupling).

Has anyone used this before? I am hoping to be able to have quick disconnects on both of my regulators so that I can quickly and easily switch my transmitters between my regulator sets without having to always carry tools with me.

Thoughts and recommendations?

EDIT-I don't like to leave the HP port exposed when the transmitter is not attached, and I would like to have the option of being able to use the regulators separately (especially when doing pool work and I don't need the transmitter on)

It's easy enough to just move them. They don't need to be more than hand tight.

I have decades of use of those, and they are not to my liking. Recently, I have had them actually unscrew.... While it only meant the gauge went to zero (and my wife found that quite uncomfortable, and it really got my blood pressure up), that is just not acceptable even though it did not result in any loss of gas due to the pin valve in it.

I would recommend a positive locking style if you are going to use any type of disconnect.

YMMV

Yes. I have that exact QD on each of my 1st stages, so I can swap TX's around as you suggest. It's a nice compact unit which you can connect and disconnect under pressure, and of course it self seals so you can dive without the TX (if I'm in the pool in the morning and the boat in the afternoon, I won't bother with the TX in the pool)

I have mine set up on short hoses too, I also use a HP spool between the TX and the TX side QD.

I and my wife have been using them for 5 years - over 1000 dives between us in that time, with no issues

It's easy enough to just move them. They don't need to be more than hand tight.

But then you're still faffing with tools for port plugs if moving from one set to another. You might not see the need, others of us prefer the convenience - each to their own

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom