Hello from Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hubby and I just got certified and are looking forward to our first excursion dive at Grand Turk on our cruise this September. We did our open waters in Beaver Lake and I was told to please not make any judgement on how much I will love diving based on the lake dives. So cloudy and gross. Visibility about 5 feet! We are shopping for our equipment and already have our wetsuits. We do plan on doing some more local diving before September. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Northwest Arkansas area.

Welcome from SW Missouri!

DW

Welcome! Grew up in (south-central) Arkansas; been gone a long time and never dove it. I think you will enjoy Grand Turk a great deal. Cruising can get you around to try some places. You'll find planning and taking a Caribbean dive trip for a week is fairly easy. If you haven't been outside the U.S. before, cruising is a really nice ice breaker.

Welcome! We dive Beaver quite often. It is nothing like the ocean. Whereas you had 5 feet if visibility in the lake, a bad day at Grand Turk the visibility might get down to 60 feet.
Visibility does get better in Beaver than 5 feet. You might try diving Norfork lake as it has some good visibility for a lake. In most all man made lakes the visibility is better closer to the dam.
Enjoy

Welcome!! Graduated from U of A. Beautiful country. Beaver, Tenkiller will be the easiest to get to. We dove Beaver last May with 30-ish feet vis. So it can be better.

As your instructor(s) said, the ocean will be completely different. Have fun!

Welcome aboard! In the LR area, but did do a drysuit class in Lake Norfolk this March in similar conditions.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and congratulations on getting certified.

Welcome! We dive Beaver quite often. It is nothing like the ocean. Whereas you had 5 feet if visibility in the lake, a bad day at Grand Turk the visibility might get down to 60 feet.
Visibility does get better in Beaver than 5 feet. You might try diving Norfork lake as it has some good visibility for a lake. In most all man made lakes the visibility is better closer to the dam.
Enjoy
Enjoy
I looked up Lake Norfork. It looks really great. Do you go to the Jordan Marina? Can you recommend a dive for us beginners?

I looked up Lake Norfork. It looks really great. Do you go to the Jordan Marina? Can you recommend a dive for us beginners?
Yeah J&T out of Jonesboro and the people at Jordan Landing both off classes there.
o

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom