Iberostar pier/dock fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver217

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am new to the forum and will be flying into Cancun with my family in a couple of weeks for diving in Cozumel. We really want to dive with Tres Pelicanos and they have been excellent with communications. We have had more difficulty nailing down hotel accommodations though. We have a room being held at Iberostar that seems to meet our needs, but we are concerned about the dock fee that has been discussed on here previously. Does anyone have any recent experience with using a dive op other than Dressel at Iberostar. Iberostar is telling us “there is no fee,” but I do not want to get there and have problems or unexpected expenses.

My approach when I have had the same question is to to ask my dive op. 3P will know the current status and their own policy re: pick up at every pier down south.

If you use the in house dive op there is no pier charge. If you use tres Pelicano then there will be a fee to pick up at their pier. Iberostar has the highest rates for pier fees especially if you are there only customers they are picking up there for the month.

Agree with Dan G you should email 3P directly. I asked 3P the same question about Iberostar pier pickup a few months ago and was told the only way 3P does pickups at the Iberostar is a water entry. They were willing to do the pickup in the water at Iberostar but not by docking at the Iberostar pier. I emailed with a few dive ops at the time and got similar answers. Things change so you should ask.

Great screen name BTW.

Wading in, boat cannot touch dock. Not an issue, dive boots, warm water, you are getting wet anyway or are wet. Dry bag is helpfully for towels, wallet...

It's interesting that Iberostar is telling you that "there is no fee" when they are known for the highest fee. I think they are the AI that charges a monthly fee to the dive ops rather than per diver. I wonder if they are parsing words with you by either not considering the charge a 'fee' OR since you do not pay it directly (the dive op does) "there is no fee to you the guest by Iberostar."

Is there a compelling reason that you are choosing to stay at Iberostar? I only ask for 2 reasons. First, you will miss out on all of the wonderful restaurants and culture that downtown San Miguel has to offer. Second, you are going to miss out on a lot of great dive sites. If 3P or any other dive op picks you up and drops you off from Iberostar (most southern resort on the island) then they are going to be reluctant to go too far north of the Palancar Reef system because it will require them to backtrack a significant distance to get you back to Iberostar.

Is there a compelling reason that you are choosing to stay at Iberostar? I only ask for 2 reasons. First, you will miss out on all of the wonderful restaurants and culture that downtown San Miguel has to offer. Second, you are going to miss out on a lot of great dive sites. If 3P or any other dive op picks you up and drops you off from Iberostar (most southern resort on the island) then they are going to be reluctant to go too far north of the Palancar Reef system because it will require them to backtrack a significant distance to get you back to Iberostar.

I agree, however it depends a lot upon the needs of the family. If there are non-divers or children, an AI can be a good way to go. I prefer staying near town, as well, but if an AI means Dawg gets to dive, well I'm all in favor. True enough, he could stay at an AI a bit further north, too.

Totall
I agree, however it depends a lot upon the needs of the family. If there are non-divers or children, an AI can be a good way to go. I prefer staying near town, as well, but if an AI means Dawg gets to dive, well I'm all in favor. True enough, he could stay at an AI a bit further north, too.
Totally agree, which is why I opened with "is there a compelling reason" - there very well might be-- but if not, it might be worth considering other options, particularly if diving with 3P's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom