Bucket list dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just my opinion, but I think this is a pretty stupid goal

I don’t agree...why increasing depth should be a stupid goal? Moreover many wrecks are far from the surface, you can’t reach them only with the PADI OW...

I don’t agree...why increasing depth should be a stupid goal? Moreover many wrecks are far from the surface, you can’t reach them only with the PADI OW...

She wants to do a bounce dive to 133m.

Ok, but even so there are reasons to do that as well. The main experience of the dive in that case would not be to spend some time at 133m but the rest of the dive... In general, as long as you dive deeper than 40 meters there is little light and less things to see, unless you dive to see a wreck or the sharks in the deep and so on. The experience is going down to 133m and then up, not necessarily staying at 133m I guess...

Ok, but even so there are reasons to do that as well. The main experience of the dive in that case would not be to spend some time at 133m but the rest of the dive... In general, as long as you dive deeper than 40 meters there is little light and less things to see, unless you dive to see a wreck or the sharks in the deep and so on. The experience is going down to 133m and then up, not necessarily staying at 133m I guess...

Unless there is something down there to see -- why take on the risk of such a big dive? If someone wanted darkness, a desolate environment, etc.. there are plenty of places you can achieve that without going to 400.

Something that seemed to have gotten brushed aside is the timeline stated (In 2020) -- going from recreational to trimix, and then traveling beyond that to 400, all within about 1 year, is not a recipe for success.

Something that seemed to have gotten brushed aside is the timeline stated (In 2020) -- going from recreational to trimix, and then traveling beyond that to 400, all within about 1 year, is not a recipe for success.
A bit rushed indeed...

I don't have a bucket list dive site. I have a bucket list dive goal. In 2020 I hope to have completed my Tech certifications in decompression dives and Trimix and hit a maximum depth of at least 400 feet. Short visit at depth and a really, really, really, really long journey back up, but what an amazing experience.
Just my opinion, but I think this is a pretty stupid goal

Seems to me that's Becca's bucket. No one has to like it.
You may see a bucket you like and a get similar bucket for you, but if there's one you don't like you shouldn't kick it.

My bucket doesn't have any locations either. I like where I dive just fine, what I put in my bucket is more on the lines of frequency.
Want to go back to average one dive a day.
Have a few days with 2 dives to make up for weather days.

Seems to me that's Becca's bucket.

Thank You!!!

I could not comprehend the criticism of something I want to do before I die. So I bit my tongue. Which is extremely difficult for a native NYer to do. LOL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom