Most lifetime dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on what they are driving doesn't it?

Yeah, that's why I put "total career drives of a professional bus driver with those of a Formula 1 driver"
in, to make it clear to the reader what I was talking about lol.

If you want to include sat divers then they usually log 600+ hrs a stint, and perhaps up to 3,000 hrs per year.

If you want to include sat divers then they usually log 600+ hrs a stint, and perhaps up to 3,000 hrs per year.
:popcorn:
You will never know how big a fish you are until you seek larger ponds

It's some dm/dive guide who doesn't post here at some really popular dive area like Bonaire or Cayman or their equivalent in the South Pacific.

could be somebody on this list - International Scuba Divers Hall of Fame

I do not believe that the gross number of dives represents ones diving experiences. It should be broken down further to study it, may I humbly propose the following:
1 - Most dives when you were hungover.
2 - Most dives where you barfed, before, after, or during.
3 - Most dives where your buddy, person on a charter, or a student tried to kill themselves, others, or you.
4 - Most dives between actually washing the salt or pee off of or out of your equipment
5 - Most dives with a obviously dry rotted mask or fin strap before it broke.
6 - Most dives with a hose that was about to bust.
7 - Most dives with a cracked or torn mouthpiece.
8 - Most dives where you forgot to bring something and had to borrow or rent.
9 - Most dives with really slow regulator leak
10 - Most dives where you lost a piece of gear

Finally, for a old golf ball diver I knew, most dives grabbing a gator instead of a golf ball.

This would give a better overall snapshot of your actual diving experiences.

I do not believe that the gross number of dives represents ones diving experiences. It should be broken down further to study it, may I humbly propose the following:
1 - Most dives when you were hungover.
2 - Most dives where you barfed, before, after, or during.
3 - Most dives where your buddy, person on a charter, or a student tried to kill themselves, others, or you.
4 - Most dives between actually washing the salt or pee off of or out of your equipment
5 - Most dives with a obviously dry rotted mask or fin strap before it broke.
6 - Most dives with a hose that was about to bust.
7 - Most dives with a cracked or torn mouthpiece.
8 - Most dives where you forgot to bring something and had to borrow or rent.
9 - Most dives with really slow regulator leak
10 - Most dives where you lost a piece of gear

Finally, for a old golf ball diver I knew, most dives grabbing a gator instead of a golf ball.

This would give a better overall snapshot of your actual diving experiences.

OK , that's funny but @strumbarn asked a serious question. He wants to honor his friend at retirement.

Surely a group as fun as we are as well as good hearted fellow divers could come up with some useful suggestions?

Chilly. And I happen to agree :cool:

Doesn't matter. You don't work for Guinness.

But come on. You are in Europe, right? You saying you never did a little deco in Y-40 or Nemo 33? That's gotta count for something, right? :D

Doesn't matter. You don't work for Guinness.

But come on. You are in Europe, right? You saying you never did a little deco in Y-40 or Nemo 33? That's gotta count for something, right? :D
Strictly no deco dives in Y-40 ....
And at the bottom of the pit with a single tank racking up deco in thermal water is a good place to take a nap :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom