Most lifetime dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know personally a guy that has been runs a dive company in Cayman since 86, it's only been the last few years he had more than one boat or didn't run virtually every trip.

There is ZERO question in my mind he has north of 25,000 dives, and likely north of 30,000

Then I see some industry folks that worked a few years in the resort environment and racked up a ton of dives and keep diving but somehow manage to start claiming 10-15,000 dives.. which is complete BS unless they worked over 10 years in a resort and never took a management position (which funny enough many have). In other words, I am saying that many "big name" industry folks are lying about how many dives they have done.

Realistically, reaching 5,000 dives is a number that takes living and breathing diving for a few years or a few decades of diving a few times a week (and let's not count pools). Reaching 10,000 is serious and a number I will never reach (diving since 83, 5 years as a Cayman Instructor, FT in the dive industry since 95 and doing about a hundred dives a year now.. I am sitting somewhere between 5,000 and 6,000 dives)

I won't say how many he has documented as an industry professional and research diver, for obvious reasons.

Captain Slate claims to have well over 12,000 dives during the past 50 years.

Not sure of the reason not to share the number, but the first to chime in never has a chance. I dove with Fred Riger in April of 2018. If he was at 15,000 in 2010, I wonder what he's at now. I may have to email him.

15,000 Dives! - SDI | TDI | ERDI

Multiple thousands of dives in the same resorts, diving in the same conditions, diving the same sites, giving the same lessons?

You might as well compare the total career drives of a professional bus driver with those of a Formula 1 driver. The former is going to have way more but are they a better driver than the latter?

Multiple thousands of dives in the same resorts, diving in the same conditions, diving the same sites, giving the same lessons?

You might as well compare the total career drives of a professional bus driver with those of a Formula 1 driver. The former is going to have way more but are they a better driver than the latter?
Depends on what they are driving doesn't it?

Plus, if you really think that every day is the exact same.. LOLOLOLOL.

What if the lessons extend all levels thru tech?

About 20 years ago when diving with Scuba St LUCIA I recall being told one of their instructors held the Guinness record. I assumed it was for number of logged dives.

Obviously that was quite a while ago.

I'm in favor of total dive time rather than number of dives. That would even it out for rec divers and tec divers, both OC and rebreather. If you also had the number of dives, that would put it into perspective.

I'm a rec diver and have been logging my dives since 1997. I have just over 1820 dives and just over 1793 hours, 59 minutes/dive

Back
Top Bottom