Dive Charter from Harbor Beach Saturday, July 27, 2019: Dunderberg and Glenorchy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmassey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm signed up for a charter with Double Action Dive Charters on the Go Between out of Harbor Beach in the thumb of Michigan on the morning of July 27, 2019. We're scheduled to do two great wrecks: the Dunderberg and the Glenorchy. Last time we had a charter out of Harbor Beach there wasn't enough people to make it go, so I thought I'd see if I can stir up some interest out here.

The Dunderberg is a wonderful natural wooden wreck. Upright, 130' to the deck, 150' to the sand. Beautiful bowsprit, and just a great intact wreck. Plenty of wide-open penetration with large hatches into the open cargo area. Be aware that this wreck is on the deeper side for recreational divers.

More Dunderberg details: Dunderberg

The Glenorchy is a great wreck for penetration. Not as deep: 120' to the sand. It's a steel wreck that's sunk upside-down, so there isn't that much to do on the outside. The props are visible and striking being upside down. There are a couple of ways into the wreck, and once inside there's *plenty* of ship to explore: it's over 300 feet long. Plenty of space inside, but it is an overhead environment so please make sure you have the training, skill and equipment for such a a dive.

More Glenorchy details: Glenorchy

These are two of my very favorite dives in the northern thumb area. They are doable for skilled advanced recreational divers and they're *perfect* for those with even entry-level tech skills.

If you've got any questions, just ask and I'll be happy to do what I can to help! Let's make trip happen! :)

There might be two of us interested. I'll send you a message later today or tomorrow.

We're like 6 now! But we're moving to the afternoon charter: it's a long drive to Harbor Beach and not a lot of interest in a 7 A.M. departure... The other change is we may or may not do the Glenorchy. The Dunderberg is certain, but combining two groups may make the second wreck change. It might be the Albany or Philadelphia. I'm still going to see if we can get the Glenorchy, but either way, the Dunderberg is worth it by itself.

So, no excuses: the trip is a go, so sign up and let's do this! Calendar - Double Action Dive Charters

Back
Top Bottom