Chatterton and Howard E Curse of Civil War Gold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
John and I will be on History channel's The Curse of Civil War Gold Tuesday July 2, 2019 at 9 Eastern, for their season finale.

We were also on season 1 episode 6 which aired last year.

Check it out... Set your DVR.

Spoiler alert!!!!

They dont find it.

How people think that a faction that had 1000% inflation had any hard currency or precious metals is beyond me. Wikipedia the economy of the Confederate States and then see if you believe this story.

The main thing I kept asking is, Where are the huge wheels that go to a rail cart? Those should be easier to find than single gold bars.

I kept asking myself why are all the "gold" bricks square? Gold ingots are pyramid shaped when viewed in a cross section. Which makes the one side (top) more narrow than the other (bottom) which is dimensionally about the same as a brick. ALL the gold ingots looked brick size to me. Which means they ALL land on the bottom top down AND stayed that way for 150 years. Never once did one roll over? I was very dubious about the chances of that happening.

The main thing I kept asking is, Where are the huge wheels that go to a rail cart? Those should be easier to find than single gold bars.

I agree, and we discussed that when we were there the previous year, when we did some survey work. This year, we were brought in to find what turned out to be bricks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom