best dry suit repair center in minnesota / wisconsin *URGENT*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hello everyone. i am looking for recommendations to find a repair center with a solid reputation in your area. i am considering having my suit done by a place in florida with a very good reputation. but thought perhaps there was another option closer to home.
i did find a place in Brainerd MN called Superior Diving Repair. they even offer rush service if needed.
any advise on this shop or any others within MN or WISC would be greatly appreciated.
we will be heading down that way by the end of this week so i need some quick info.
thx all
rick

so i went with superior drysuit repair. very good communication. fast service. i did pay for the rush service but was even faster then anticipated. fair price for the amount of work that ended up being done. should have the suit next week to try out. i wil let you guys know how it turns out.

btw i was going to go with that very popular repair shop in florida. they were great with communication and had fair pricing but the wait was quite long and my shipping costs would have been double. so no reflection on them. the minnesota location was just more convenient for me.

so i was able to dive the suit yesterday. no issues at all. everything was dry. i spent a bit more than i had budgeted for the repairs but am very happy with the results. the main problems were fixed and several others were found during leak testing and were also repaired. plus i had asked for the rush service. hence the extra costs.
i would not hesitate to send a suit to "superior diving repair" again.

i will post a few pics later of the patches to give you an idea of what the damage was and what the end results look like

There's a shop in Indiana??...that my father and I used. Dive Rite In Scuba. They did a great job on my 16 year old drysuit that will compare to any newer DUI suits. I plan on having that for a long time still. Pricing was pretty fair

There's a shop in Indiana??...that my father and I used. Dive Rite In Scuba. They did a great job on my 16 year old drysuit that will compare to any newer DUI suits. I plan on having that for a long time still. Pricing was pretty fair
Dive Right in Scuba, Illinois. Great shop.

All the local shops in MN I asked said they send them to Superior. I called and they were great on helping me test on my end before shipping up there. I will be sending them mine as soon as it's dry inside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom