Tulum Cenote & Cavern Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure try sidemount. Why not?But not the same time as doing a cenote dive. I doubt any first timer will get the buoyancy right the very first time and you don’t want bad buoyancy in a cenote.

I second CenoteXperience and Blue Life, but would probably favour CenoteXperience because I like Nico’s calm demeanour, and strong observation skills.

I'd agree, except that any diving is likely to be in a cenote. I assume he'd do it in something like Car Wash which is wide and open and fairly shallow in the open section. It has lines setup and is used as a training site. You just would be very unlikely to do any overhead stuff sidemount.

I'd agree, except that any diving is likely to be in a cenote. I assume he'd do it in something like Car Wash which is wide and open and fairly shallow in the open section. It has lines setup and is used as a training site. You just would be very unlikely to do any overhead stuff sidemount.
Honestly, I'd have no problem trying sidemount even if he did it in the bay rather than in one of the cenotes. I'm undecided as to whether or not I want to do that yet, but I still have a few weeks to figure it out. Maybe I get with one of our tech guys at my LDS and see if they can hook me up with a couple of SM dives where we do all of our OW training. I'll actually be DMing for one of them out there this weekend. Maybe I can see if he's got a SM rig he can set me up with for a couple dives after the OW class is done on Sunday. And if I like it, maybe I just opt to do the SM class.

I can second this recommendation, with a slight twist....Martin is one of the best divers, divemasters, and men I have ever dove with. I only have 5 dives with them but the most impressive thing about Cenote Xperience is that everything runs like a well oiled machine. Their passion for the cenotes is absolutely contagious and I'm hooked. Tell Martin Jay from Oklahoma says hello...and ask for two of the cookies that his wife makes!

Have fun, safe travels,
Jay
Update: I Did EXACTLY that! Dove with Martin and one other girl from Argentina who was getting her AOW on Wednesday 6/12/19 and was absolutely floored! Even mentioned you and those cookies, which were wonderful btw. First dive we did Casa Cenote, followed by a 107ft dive in The Pit and the third dive down the Bat Cave line in Dos Ojos. I gotta say diving The Pit has to be one of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring things I have ever seen in my life! And I agree, Martin is an excellent diver! His position and profile in the water was admirable to say the least. Next time I'm on the mainland, I'll definitely be making more dives with them! So thank you SB for all the suggestions!

Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure.
View media item 208211View media item 208212View media item 208213View media item 208214View media item 208215View media item 208216View media item 208217View media item 208218View media item 208219View media item 208220View media item 208221View media item 208222

Update: I Did EXACTLY that! Dove with Martin and one other girl from Argentina who was getting her AOW on Wednesday 6/12/19 and was absolutely floored! Even mentioned you and those cookies, which were wonderful btw. First dive we did Casa Cenote, followed by a 107ft dive in The Pit and the third dive down the Bat Cave line in Dos Ojos. I gotta say diving The Pit has to be one of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring things I have ever seen in my life! And I agree, Martin is an excellent diver! His position and profile in the water was admirable to say the least. Next time I'm on the mainland, I'll definitely be making more dives with them! So thank you SB for all the suggestions!

I did a dive in Casa Cenote back in January and It was just draw droppingly beautiful.

Just trying to get a feel for what dive operators on the mainland are good for diving Dos Ojos and some of the other cenotes and caverns. Also, what sites from the mainland are good to dive? I'll probably make a couple trips to Cozumel during my stay but wouldn't mind diving the mainland, either. So throw up some recommendations please!
For me Cozumel has become a waste both diving and the ambience has left ( all inclusive ruined the Mom and Pop eateries)
My suggestion is to dive the Mayan Riviera and do Isla Mujeres underwater museum and if you dare the ripping dive around the point.

Been there done that
I have coupons for Vidanta Resorts anywhere Mexico golf and dive center onsite 2 bedroom as low as $1,000 a week very secure
videos
Vidanta Resort Mayan Riviera rental NON all inclusive 18 hole golf waterpark dive shop - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom