Honeymoon dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To add some detail to my prior post, we were married at Couples Negril and dove the day before and the day after our wedding. Their onsite dive op is top notch, and the day trip opportunities around Negril are limitless.

We've been back three times and will be going back this December.

If you would like more information, please feel free to PM me.

Barefoot Cay in Roatan had very nice accommodations and a top notch dive operation.
We stayed in a one bedroom beach villa and dove most days...quite fun.

The Hawaiian Islands all have lots of different hotels and rentals at most budget levels.

Grand Cayman is a first rate destination with lots of diving options.

@Hannah Ness, just curious if you have found a destination for your honeymoon yet?

Just an FYI, January is the busy season in many tropical destinations and a lot of places book up quickly so don't wait too long!

If people are honest they'll tell you that Jamaica was all fished out for about a decade although they are making efforts at a comeback recently.

Beaches on Turks/Caicos is very nice. It's a kid-focused resort but they have an adult section. They dive locally but also make the hour run over to French Cay/West Caicos - I can tell by the dive sites they list. French Cay is one of the sharkiest places I've dove - in two days I'll bet we saw 50. And that many stingrays on the bottom also - many near the moorings. You can go deep down the walls but shallow is decent also, I solo sometimes and don't like to exceed 60'
Plenty to see and film. The current brings a lot of nutrients up from the depths so the coral is lush in some areas.

I never saw the Alexandra^ but several of the other resorts looked really nice. Provo is an exceedingly beautiful, exceedingly pleasant island. So Azure Blue you'd think the website photos are doctored but they're not.

Unfortunately it's also quite pricey compared to some of the other options named.

Sorry if this is a thread jack but I think it's a similar enough question to just put it here instead of making a new thread. The fiance and I are getting married next year in September and she wants to go to Hawaii (probably Big Island) for the honeymoon. Now, I'm in charge of planning the honeymoon and while Hawaii would probably be okay, I've heard the diving there is just so-so and expensive. I've been doing some credit card churning and have about $3000 in flights saved up so I'd rather find a place a bit more exotic with higher priced flights but hopefully cheaper diving/accommodations. Budget would probably be around $5-6k for the two of us including diving, but excluding the flights. Probably something land-based as I haven't been able to talk her into trying a liveaboard yet. We've done Coz twice (may go for a third time this fall) and just visited Bonaire a few months ago, so I would prefer something outside of the Caribbean. We've never dove outside of the Caribbean or Ohio. Thinking maybe Bali? We aren't really bar/club people, and I'm not really a people person in general, so somewhere that wouldn't be crowded with cruise shippers...

Sorry if this is a thread jack but I think it's a similar enough question to just put it here instead of making a new thread. The fiance and I are getting married next year in September and she wants to go to Hawaii (probably Big Island) for the honeymoon. Now, I'm in charge of planning the honeymoon and while Hawaii would probably be okay, I've heard the diving there is just so-so and expensive. I've been doing some credit card churning and have about $3000 in flights saved up so I'd rather find a place a bit more exotic with higher priced flights but hopefully cheaper diving/accommodations. Budget would probably be around $5-6k for the two of us including diving, but excluding the flights. Probably something land-based as I haven't been able to talk her into trying a liveaboard yet. We've done Coz twice (may go for a third time this fall) and just visited Bonaire a few months ago, so I would prefer something outside of the Caribbean. We've never dove outside of the Caribbean or Ohio. Thinking maybe Bali? We aren't really bar/club people, and I'm not really a people person in general, so somewhere that wouldn't be crowded with cruise shippers...

I guess it depends on what you consider to be "so-so" and I haven't been to Bali so I cannot comment about it. But what is the purpose of this trip, is it a honeymoon with diving, or is it primarily a dive trip that also happens to be a honeymoon? If the former, then maybe Hawaii would be the best choice, if the latter then Bali may be the best bet - what do you both want to get out of this trip?

We did a liveaboard trip to Kona and also spent some time on the Big Island and we liked it a lot. The island is beautiful and the diving is very different from the Caribbean (and probably very different from Ohio, too!) It is expensive, so being on a LOB helped to control the costs - but an LOB isn't the most romantic choice for a honeymoon IMO.

We saw healthy hard corals but not the extensive soft corals that you will see in the Caribbean and some other exotic locations. We saw loads of beautiful reef life, colorful fish, lots of octopus and turtles, and other unique and interesting reef creatures. We also saw whales from the boat, and the night dive with Manta Rays was an outstanding experience.

Hopefully you will eventually have the chance to do a lot of great trips to many places including both Hawaii and Bali, good luck with your decision!

I would say it would be more of a honeymoon with diving. Would prefer at least a 2-tank per day, maybe with an afternoon shore dive or night dive every other day. I can only sit on the beach for about 30 min then I just want to go do something, like go see what's under that water!

Hello, I am looking for ideas of places I could spend my honeymoon where my fiance and I can dive in January or Feburary to get out of the winter cold. My fiance has only been diving 2 summers this upcoming year, while I have been diving for 5 summers with advanced diving certification. The places we would prefer would be someplace safe for tourists.
I have coupons for Vidanta Resorts anywhere Mexico golf and dive center onsite 2 bedroom as low as $1,000 a week very secure
videos
Vidanta Resort Mayan Riviera rental NON all inclusive 18 hole golf waterpark dive shop - YouTube

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom